OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 30, 2018 9:36 pm  #41

Re: Trying to breathe

So, if a married man cheats, it is "only physical". But if a married woman cheats, it is "because she has fallen in love"?  Sounds too much like a double standard, to me. Cheating is deceit/dishonest, whether a man or a woman does it. And cheating hurts the relationship because trust is involved. Period.

Last edited by gonzo2000 (April 30, 2018 9:37 pm)

May 1, 2018 1:56 pm  #42

gonzo, absolutely.  This whole argument was so long ago, I'd completely forgotten until this all happened, and somehow it all came back to me, which tells you something.  It's so crazy that an intelligent man could come up with such a completely delusional self-serving rationale that absolutely totally defies logic: by definition if you're doing something that makes your wife consider divorce, that means the thing you're doing is more important to you than your marriage.  Otherwise you wouldn't do it!  So the idea that his extramarital affairs aren't "important" because blah blah blah, doesn't hold water.  It's economics.  You don't trade your baseball card for a different baseball card unless you value the new baseball card more than the old one.  You do something that destroys your marriage -- then by definition the thing you did is more valuable to you than your marriage was.

And since men are supposed to be the rational ones and women are supposed to be emotional and irrational, I don't understand why I'm the one who thinks this way.  Unless that stereotype is all BS too.

May 3, 2018 12:26 pm  #43

Not thinking about consequences is sociopathic and symptomatic of a personality disorder.

Board footera