OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 7, 2017 4:49 am  #1

items of interest re: TGT

articles of interest in one place

Last edited by Ynadin (September 16, 2017 3:25 am)

September 7, 2017 6:55 am  #2

Re: items of interest re: TGT

I disagree but agree with the first article..dating a bisexual person is better.      For many of us we never knew our spouses had same sex attraction (SSA)...   if we had known we probably would  have not dated or married them...there would not be a big secret..   For many of us with this secret out now our spouses can/could not be trusted...are they meeting their girl/boy friend for beer or is it a date?  Why should we have to wonder?  Who are they that they can have sex with and be attracted to either sex...are they gods that can do whatever they want?         

"For we walk by faith, not by sight .."  2Corinthians 5:7

September 7, 2017 8:08 am  #3

Deleted

Last edited by Duped (November 11, 2019 3:26 pm)

October 3, 2017 6:02 pm  #4

Duped I totally agree.  I suppose there are some that can go with the flow but if you signed on for a heterosexual monogamous marriage I find it next to impossible to imagine changing the entire dynamic of that union.  If I wanted an open marriage I would have either not married or at least stated such at the outset.
Why marry?  For the optics?   To keep your closet safe from prying eyes?  Social pressure?  The desire for kids?  Gay denial?   
Absolutely none of those reasons gives anyone the right to rob me of years of my life and put my physical and mental health at risk.  Not one of those reasons matter more than my rights to the truth and honesty I was promised.

Last edited by majenco (October 3, 2017 6:02 pm)

Board footera