OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 2, 2017 1:31 pm  #1

Link to an 'open letter'

Saw this posted elsewhere and it is so applicable to many here. I hope it helps.

https://herway.net/relationship/open-letter-man-destroyed/?utm_content=buffer10d66&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

There are a few other good links on this site as well, well worth some browsing time.

“The future is unwritten.”
― Joe Strummer

September 3, 2017 5:35 pm  #2

Re: Link to an 'open letter'

This is great Daryl, thanks!

September 4, 2017 7:42 am  #3

Its sad how I can read that identify   even though its written from a female perspective. 

For me it gets to the core of my problem with my ex;   she said "i love you"   and now she says it to her girlfriend...but based on what she did her words are completely worthless .  Its a scary thing to me to interact with such a person where anything they say may not be true..   I am so glad to be away form that...
one cannot live with a person who's every word or motive cannot be trusted.    I long to be with authentic people who's word is good .   It is that lack of integrity that our spouses/ex-spouses can never get back..they can project it onto us saying we did this or that ..they can scream as loudly as they want..the reality is any word out of their mouth lacks integrity and trustworthiness now.  

"For we walk by faith, not by sight .."  2Corinthians 5:7

September 4, 2017 1:56 pm  #4

http://bnarcissisticabuserecovery.runboard.com/t24070  

Last edited by JenS (April 30, 2018 8:22 am)

September 4, 2017 2:31 pm  #5

That's a good link - many of us go through the "what if's?" and seem to need "permission" to leave or some sort of blazing neon sign.

“The future is unwritten.”
― Joe Strummer

Board footera