OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 5, 2016 1:43 pm  #11

Re: feeling overwhelmed and then not ... the roller coaster of TGT

I read your post, and it touched my heart. I am battling something similar. My spouse and I of 13 years just finalized our divorce. Our children are 11 and 7. My ex-spouse is transgender and is transitioning from male to female. Our children do not know yet. I have managed to shield them from the eventuality. This is made easier because their father has no visitation rights. I am exhausted trying to wrap my head around this change. The children and I are seeing a therapist both individually and as a family for sessions. I just wanted to chime in and let you know, you're not alone. It is exhausting; but you're a fighter. You made it through however many years of emotional and mental anguish to be at this precipice of life. Spread your arms wide and dive headfirst. You deserve it. You do not have to neglect yourself anymore.

Board footera