OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 29, 2017 6:51 pm  #11

Re: Dealing with homosexual ill-feelings...

I also have negative feelings towards lesbians but for the most part, my logical self understands that homosexuality isn't the problem; most lesbians aren't tricking men into marriage and sleeping around on the side like my ex did.

I have stronger negative feelings towards straight women who dump their husbands for a midlife crisis. I've come to abhor cheaters, quitters and home wreckers of any persuasion. I wish nothing but the worst for them and feel a poetic justice at their every downfall in life. 

Not trying to be Mr.PC but a lesbian who lives an honest life is just fine by me and has all my respect, even if part of me does growl when I first meet them.

August 16, 2017 11:03 am  #12

I reckognize these feelings very much.. it has become more and more an issue for me..
We are still in phases of denial, and she has toned down her visible attention towards women, of course after I addressed this.

I have developed a sense of the women (I think) she likes. And they are starting to make me feel sick.. This has nothing to do with my general view on gay or LGBT.

These women has a special look in their eyes, and I see it "everywhere" too. I have seen it between her and other women, from other women towards her (and I am building an impression that she attracts other women well..), and she has confirmed this, that it can happen and I asked about some pictures of women.

My first trouble is that I am starting to resent a certain type of women. Their presence hit me in the gut sometimes..I am also aware that there can be sides to these women that also attracts me, and that "confirmes" to me that I maybe liked some of this "differentness" about my wife..

Secondly, I resent the arrogance and cynical aspects of these persons.. that "openly" checks out and sometimes flirt, "blink their eye" etc with my wife, regardless of the family next to her... as they both share this "freedom" of secrecy as "Nobody knows"..

At worst I feel sex is what is exchanged.. "if you fantasize about me, I will fantasize about you.."

These experiences are very tangible to me. And I feel I see these persons she like are a kind of cold persons. I am sorry, but I really feel this. As if theiy have through years of hiding, grown cold from their shame or whatever. Or, just her preference of personalities she find sexually attractive... that should be a decent sized "leave!" flag waving towards me, right...?

August 16, 2017 7:59 pm  #13

Steen,

"..Secondly, I resent the arrogance and cynical aspects of these persons.. that "openly" checks out and sometimes flirt, "blink their eye" etc with my wife, regardless of the family next to her... as they both share this "freedom" of secrecy as "Nobody knows"...."

Yep..been there done that.   They would go to sport events for the kids and sit together like nobody knows
And yes...it was the hurting me and arrogance  toward me  that hurt the most.

I am so glad I dont have to partake in that anymore...   they can double down in secrecy or go march in the parade..
it doesnt matter to me anymore... 

"For we walk by faith, not by sight .."  2Corinthians 5:7

Board footera