OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 3, 2017 3:46 pm  #1

Where in the world.....are you?

Deleted

Last edited by Ellexoh_nz (May 18, 2018 2:01 am)

KIA KAHA                       

July 3, 2017 6:07 pm  #2

Re: Where in the world.....are you?

We have people from all over the world.  Lots from the US.  I know there are a few from England and Australia for sure. 

I'm in Texas! 

July 3, 2017 9:51 pm  #3

Hello!  You'll find that it's very common for lots of people to read it before you get a reply.  We have lots of "lurkers".  I was once one of them many years ago.  Many people come here to read but (for many reasons) are not ready to post yet. 

I couldn't find a support group in my city either.  This website was my lifeline through some of the crappiest times.  Welcome. 

July 3, 2017 11:31 pm  #4

Ellexoh, 
You will find that most of us enjoy the anonymity offered by this site.  This is a safe place where we can tell our story and share our real and honest emotions and thoughts without having to worry about family or friends reading and knowing what's going on in our heads.  For this reason, you will most likely not get many people to admit even what state they are from.  And this is perfectly ok. 

-Formerly "Lostdad" - I now embrace the username "phoenix" because my former life ended in flames, but my new life will be spectacular. 

July 4, 2017 7:43 am  #5

New Zealand,   looks beautiful from what I've seen.  Not sure how the weather is there now but its one of the places I want to go if I ever travel.

A warm kind welcome.    I cant help much with find a live SSN there but feel free to post here..  If anything you'll find kind, normal people who can empathize and say "we get it...it's not you".  I agree sometime I'd like to visti eveyone on the forum and give them a big hug.   

PS:  I read your story and, while I had a blatantly cheating wife,  can only say this is not your fault.   You are in shock.   I urge you though while in shock to make prudent decisions.  (yes its double hard to do this while in shock).   Start taking small steps for yourself...find all your financial info.   Make an appoint to check out a lawyer.
See phychiastrist to get anti-depressants if necessary..  Process hurt but also realize it is an emergency..in an emergency you call on appropriate help...doctor, lawyer, famly  etc.

Last edited by Rob (July 4, 2017 8:00 am)

"For we walk by faith, not by sight .."  2Corinthians 5:7

July 5, 2017 9:55 am  #6

I'm in suburban Chicago - in the state of Illinois, U.S.

Kel

You are not required to set yourself on fire to keep other people warm.

July 6, 2017 6:54 am  #7

Signature indeed..

I gave up so much of myself trying in the marriage. .lit myself on fire and then some.   I recall her going out with her girlfriend until all hours and I was wondering what I did wrong.  She had me conditioned for years to accept blame for eveything. So many years.

I'm out now and it's enlightening.
I see how abnormal my life was.
There is a world and universe out there that is not centered around our spouses/exspouses.

"For we walk by faith, not by sight .."  2Corinthians 5:7

July 6, 2017 1:54 pm  #8

Central Illinois for me.

July 6, 2017 6:27 pm  #9

I'm in central Illinois, too.  And right now I'm at the seaside (the Atlantic)...for a month.  

July 6, 2017 11:33 pm  #10

The seaside? Never! Unless you count huge Lake Michigan as seaside (which I do not).  Even that I am only in the water once a year, if I'm lucky. Maybe a boat ride once, too. We have the most flat, boring landscape in the entire country.  But lots to do, places to go, people to see, experiences to soak up.  We live for the summer.  Winters can be brutal.

Kel

You are not required to set yourself on fire to keep other people warm.

Board footera