OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 21, 2017 9:42 pm  #21

Re: How can they continue to deny

I guess I hadn't really thought about it like that.  When he initially reached out to her it wasn't as a client it was as the pastor of several of her clients.  Wanting to know how what her basis of counciling was.   I have expressed several concerns that I've had about his council and she feels like he pushes his agenda a bit much.  Telling me what I should be doing based on his opinion.  Then he announced that he went to see her to the church.  When I asked her if he had tried to discuss me she assured me that they had not discussed any of her clients.   More like an interview of sorts.   

Anyway I don't know. She's helping me move forward.  Encouraging me to take the next step.   To tell him that I want him to move out.

Not sure I want to start this all over with another councillor. 

I truly appreciate this forum so much.  I pull strength from so many of you.

June 22, 2017 6:02 am  #22

Before you move out you should consult an attorney who handles contested divorces where you live to make sure that by being the one to leave you do not jeopardize your legal rights. You have children and you want to make sure that he cannot claim that you abandoned them or rush to the courthouse and file to prevent you taking them with you. Find an attorney who you are comfortable working with and have his or her number on speed dial. 

Try Gardening. It'll keep you grounded.

June 22, 2017 6:48 am  #23

I'm not moving out.  She told me to ask him to leave.  I've spoke to one lawyer already but plan on speaking to a few more.  I'm really hoping to stay in the house for at least 12 months with the kids.

June 22, 2017 9:53 am  #24

If he has a lawyer, he'll likely be told not to leave, either.  For the same reason that you would likely be told to stay - so that it doesn't affect access to the kids in the future because of looking like abandonment.  Ask your lawyer what your options are if he refuses.  That's likely to happen, unfortunately.

Kel

You are not required to set yourself on fire to keep other people warm.

June 22, 2017 12:05 pm  #25

I just think the less I can disrupt their lives the better.  Give them time to adjust.  With his work schedule 75% of their time is spent with me. 

Kel,
I know he probably won't leave, but I'm willing to sign something saying he isn't abandoning the kids.  I don't think he'll agree to any of it to be honest.  He is still in save the marriage mode.  Save the marriage by making me feel guilty, not really working on any issues he might have.  I really have no idea what my options are.   It's all very overwhelming.

June 22, 2017 1:39 pm  #26

It is all very overwhelming and I often feel like I can't breathe.   I'm wanting the kids and I to stay in the house.  I want him to leave.   My thought 12 months could give them time to adjust to their father and I not being together, before I uproot them from their home too.  I don't know anymore...  I get overwhelmed by the big picture and tend to over think  things way too much.   Not having a job yet scares me.  I'm still on severance and have a couple things in the works but that on top of TGT just really knocks me down on self confidence.   Baby steps.  That's what I'm trying to focus on.

June 23, 2017 6:06 am  #27

Hey Bec, All,

There are ups and downs.    I think before when I was married  I like to think there were not so many ups and downs..but I can now see that is not quite true... since my then wife had this horrible secret she was apparently starting to loath me as years went on.   So my life seemed steady as rock and boom....a wife texting her girlfriend 24x7 followed by a rapid discard of me.  How scary that her love and loyalty was so shallow..so fake.  In-authentic.

I would pay a million dollars for the life I had before if it was with an
authentic loving and loyal wife.   But if you put a gun to my head I would not take my ex wife back...the person she was or I thought she was is gone.
The person she proved to be I am mortally afraid of .. a person without morals..capable of infinite hurt...a person that makes the playground bully look like a saint.

My past is make real by real kids though.  I gave true, fierce, and honest love.   My future...well that's still being written but its away from an abuser and denier. And for that I am eternally grateful.

"For we walk by faith, not by sight .."  2Corinthians 5:7

June 23, 2017 7:47 pm  #28

Rob
How are you ever going to be able to trust again?
Shari

June 23, 2017 9:48 pm  #29

Shari,

I don't know.. Most people I talk to seem authentic.   I guess I have to hope that there are people that don't have a dark secret...people that mean what they say and say what they mean?

Not sure I have to worry about trusting for now.  I'm quite alone.

"For we walk by faith, not by sight .."  2Corinthians 5:7

Board footera