OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 6, 2017 3:09 pm  #11

Re: Pain

I pushed by "being my father" he made sure we wanted nothing. Worked hard and saved, made sure the future was secure at the presents expense.  I did the same, didn't give her or my son the attention they deserved.   Been getting worse the last 18 months I would say. She went on dating sites in the last month for women,  while sitting next to me. I was oblivious. Scheduled to meet one woman twice, but I caught her before it happened. Now we talk like never before. I pray it's not to late for her to find me on her heart. I know i was there once.

June 6, 2017 4:02 pm  #12

Deleted

Last edited by Duped (November 11, 2019 2:59 pm)

June 6, 2017 4:24 pm  #13

I guess clarity will come in time.  For now I am still treading water with faith in.......well, how do I answer that.  My faith, our love is stronger than her desires.  Stay strong with me group, I have a feeling I will be here a lot and will need some shoulders to cry on.  Please hold the told you so's when/if the time comes.

Thanks

June 6, 2017 4:28 pm  #14

Deleted

Last edited by Duped (November 11, 2019 2:58 pm)

June 6, 2017 4:39 pm  #15

Hey MO - sorry for all this, it sucks.  It's your fault because you withdrew emotionally and were only focused on providing for them.  Huh?  Someone else was on here a little while ago saying the exact same thing.

Reading between the lines in a skeptical way I am going to suggest that when you first started to withdraw it was in self defence.  I am going to suggest she was already very much in contact with other lesbians way back then.  You caught her on dating sites in the last month and that's why you're having the conversation you are but it also makes it seem likely she has broken up with a girlfriend and ready to go dating again.  

I am going to guess that when she finds the right woman she will dump you but before that she will keep you on a string.

I have a question - why are you so sure she once loved you?  what about if I ask the question slightly differently - do you think she loved you back?

Yes, your sexuality develops as you age, and not just in puberty, it continues right through life but if you're straight you're straight that doesn't change.  You just know you're not going to wake up gay one day don't you.  You need a straight partner.

wishing you all the best in your life.  as I said, it sucks.  

Last edited by lily (June 6, 2017 4:43 pm)

June 6, 2017 7:57 pm  #16

One last letter written to her, letting her figure herself out.  Felt cathartic, all my energy will be put into my son.  Thank you all, will update as it developes.  Any single ladies in northeast Florida?  I kid I kid, needed some levity

Board footera