OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 29, 2017 8:40 am  #11

Re: He is now straight or did I misinterpret what he said/meant?

It truly is! Right now the Grace to my Frankie is in very deep denial and has been avoiding me since September, even though neither of us have any real friends here ever since being tricked into moving to NewTown 9 months ago. The husbands have her totally convinced I am suffering from some type of postpartum psychosis and am behaving irrationally, though Grace and I have never ever even discussed TGT. One day she just stopped talking to me. Then a few weeks later she actively kept my oldest child from spending a day off of school with me at the direction of my husband which was utterly bizarre but the text exchanges have been extremely helpful to me in my divorce and custody case, so, uh -- thanks??

Deep, deep down she totally knows it, too. Our husbands are so in love, it is quite obvious. They used to go on annual weeklong Honeymoon-like trips just the two of them, to random fun cities -- these fabulous dinners, on gorgeous hikes and to fun concerts. My husband always paid for everything. Man, they got us good! I just have to laugh at myself for falling for it!

I recall her telling me her serious high school boyfriend later came out as gay and she's pals with him and his husband. She has several gay male friends. As do I. Her dad also had a really flagrant (straight) affair with his office manager right under his wife's nose who was also a coworker. So yeah, my Grace learned about being gaslit at her cheating daddy's knee. It's going to take her awhile to come around. She has serious Caretaker issues and grapples with mild depression of her own after her sibling's suicide a few years ago. We all have our own crosses to bear.

I fully expect a phone call from her in about a year. Or maybe 5 years. Who knows? I'll be gracious enough to lend her my ear, but will never fully trust her.

Be awesome & stay positive

November 24, 2017 11:29 am  #12

Re: He is now straight or did I misinterpret what he said/meant?

My GID ex did the same thing. At first denied even after I had all the proof there right inf front of him. Then after 2 days broke down and told me he'd been doing it for years , then starts again a few weeks after me kicking him out saying , I only went twice to a massage palour , I said don't fu,,,..ng lie have you forgot you have already told me , he said no I wasn't telling the truth I just said that because you were goading me and wouldn't shut up about it. Then he tells me another time while sobbing that he had done other things then changed his mind again. That's when I thought I'm having no more contact with him by phone or txt , he is just a liar and trying to make me feel like I was going mad. Even when I first suspected after finding an email he tried to twist it that I was just a suspicious person and said to me your always so suspicious about stuff and did the gas lighting stuff , then tried to tell me " I knew you'd be ok with the std check up at the doctors because it was safe what I did ( meant using condoms) I said but you said you just went massage palour and had a hand job so why would you need condoms , then he says oh I didn't mean that. I tell you he had me going insane or thinking I was. Thank god I am out of the marriage , I urge anyone to get out , they will never be any different, they can't just turn straight, this is who they are and you will never have a happy normal marriage, that's what I think anyway and have from day one.

Board footera