OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 21, 2017 9:58 pm  #1

Know what I have to do.....BUT??????

Hello everyone I have been reading and learning from
All the posts on here since approximately last August, 2 months post "discovery" ...that my "husband"(and I use that term
Loosely) is somewhere on the "queer" spectrum...likely Bi, possibly gay or even a tranny(that possiblity being the last one I'm thinking)I have cried a million tears, not for the loss of love so
Much as the shock
Of being duped and lied to
For at least 9 years(earliest Craigslist line item
Posting I could find!) We have had a troubled marriage for a long time , off and on.My husband being a smoker and alcoholic(had an intervention Iin 2007, worked for maybe2-3 months tops) just complicates further a very complex situation ......my son is flying in from
LA tomorrow for 10 days, staying in our apartment where his father willingly chose the couch because "the air in that bedroom is FRIGID"hah! Next joke He has been sleeping on that couch for about 7 months...weird situation I know but a lot of the time we have trouble being in the same room
For any length of timeMy son has not seen his dad  Since summer 2015, when we both visited and stayed (together of course) in the guest room ..we still
Had issues as does our son and his wife , over the smoking and beer drinking; though the drinking was toned down for a wihile and didn't  become a serious issue for us till AFTER June 2016...That month I was feeling well (I have a chronic health condition) and was ready to accept a part time job in the senior care field, as I had lost my job in 2013...We are  both seniors my husband a vet and hasn't worked since 2008...the big recession! Wow this just gets more crazy sad pathetic bizarre (to me STILL)I found incriminating things on an open laptop E mail
Account and got sick so sick but it just fueled my desire for more info! His desire is for men , mine was for info
On what where and how he was doing with men!! I had no guilt about sneaking peeks because it seemed logical to
Hunt down all the evidence I could find and nail
Him
With it.........0mg , I've taken to writing a tragic novel here
Sign off for now, just needed to START somewhere ....its late so stay tuned for part 2 , thanks y'all for being a shoulder and a source !PEACE!!!

May 22, 2017 6:16 am  #2

Re: Know what I have to do.....BUT??????

Ginger,

So sorry.  I'm not sure we need a person sleeping on our couch that doesn't pay rent or contribute to the family unit in some way...and is gay to boot.

Since my kids crying to me over their mother I really question the purpose on this earth of these gay spouses.  In a sentence; if they only cheat on us, hurt us, divorce us, take money from us, and then can't even comfort a distraught child..what good are they?   For me at least I can only say my ex is transportation and shopping for my kids...

Definitely think about what you want and if your husband is only a check coming in if it's worth the hurt and stress. ..

"For we walk by faith, not by sight .."  2Corinthians 5:7

May 22, 2017 12:43 pm  #3

Sorry you find yourself here Ginger, keep posting, it helps.

May 22, 2017 3:23 pm  #4

Hi Ginger.  I love the name - Ginger Ails.  Very cute.

I'm sorry you're going through this.  Time to stop lurking and come out with your voice and get some dialog started.  It truly helps.

So,... what do you want to do?  Do you want to leave?  Is the only reason you're staying monetary?  If so, do you think you'd qualify for disability due to your condition?

We're here.  Keep talking.

Kel

You are not required to set yourself on fire to keep other people warm.

Board footera