OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 13, 2017 4:21 pm  #1

Cross Dressers mis-info on Internet

I have been doing a lot of reading to understand the CD bombshell dropped on me recently by my SO. So many places on the Internet write that women get away with cross dressing all the time, and no one makes a big deal out of it.  I take exception to that.  Most women I know who wear pants/men's t-shirts, etc, as I often do, still present as female, both heterosexual women and lesbians, and they don't take on an alternate masculine name/persona for when they're wearing what could be traditionally men's clothes.  From what I understand, most men who don a kilt still use their given male name. Male and female judges wear robes, and in days gone by, wigs, but they didn't change their gender identity expression. MTF cross dressers however, apparently do most often adopt a female name for when they are in drag. They WANT to pass as female. BIG DIFFERENCE. Oh, I am so frustrated. Having two names, one male and one female for depending on what you're wearing, is a gender-bender, and a game-changer in what was once supposedly a heterosexual relationship. I am limiting this opinion to refer to CD ... not to drag queens/kings.  Just venting.

May 14, 2017 4:36 am  #2

Re: Cross Dressers mis-info on Internet

Deleted

Last edited by Duped (August 23, 2019 2:05 pm)

May 15, 2017 8:12 am  #3

I'm a man and I've never been the slightest bit turned on by putting on clothes.  

just saying.. 

-Formerly "Lostdad" - I now embrace the username "phoenix" because my former life ended in flames, but my new life will be spectacular. 

May 15, 2017 11:53 am  #4

Deleted

Last edited by Duped (August 23, 2019 2:05 pm)

May 15, 2017 1:08 pm  #5

Duped,
 I have to agree with you.  Every time I see a guy doing normal guy stuff I get a little pang of envy and appreciation that there are normal guys out there.  

May 15, 2017 2:02 pm  #6

I find that I just question all reality.  I think I can find a little GID in every man. Of course it's not true but I don't seem to be able to tell truth from lie any more.  He said what??. Yeah he's probably just GID.    Lol. It's kinda maddening

May 15, 2017 9:32 pm  #7

Bec - it IS maddening!  I still catch myself doing it years later.  But then there are also times where I know I'm right and my gaydar is going off for a reason.  It's tough.

Board footera