OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 11, 2017 3:17 pm  #21

Re: Why is it so hard to confront

Bec.... stop torturing yourself!  He did do what you think.  No point in continually getting him to tell you the "truth".  You have your truth.  

Keep moving...you're doing great!  Glad to see you are continuing to pursue your own counselor.  One step towards taking care of YOU. 

“Above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely of places.”

March 11, 2017 5:10 pm  #22

Yes I know.  This was the first time that I really addressed it.   Actually asked the question and then told him I didn't believe him when he told me no.   I took screenshots of everything I've seen just to remind myself that I really did see it.   I won't allow him to make me question reality.  Not anymore.

March 11, 2017 5:31 pm  #23

Bec,

Go for it.   You go.. just go.   I had to go back to my evidence several times just to prove to myself that I wasn't crazy.. My ex would deny, yell, scream with such conviction that I would question reality  (aka gaslighting)..its a horrible feeling.      
You can see now..just because they say something or scream something or even write it down does not make it true.      

"For we walk by faith, not by sight .."  2Corinthians 5:7

March 13, 2017 11:22 am  #24

Bec wrote:

Thank you Jens. I knew that chance of a full admission was a long shot but I didn't expect him to flat out deny any of it happened. Like I didn't really see what I thought I saw.... Guess that's what you all call gaslighting. I really appreciate all the advice that I've received. I know my journey is far from over but I at least feel like I've joined the trip

Bec, 

You are on your way to a better life.  Take things a day at a time and don't get paralyzed by fear and depression.  The things that seem so awful and inevitable right now will not feel so bad when you get there.  Along the way you will discover yourself and start finding joy in things you didn't expect.  One day at a time my friend..  and bring us along on your trip.  We are here to help. 

-Formerly "Lostdad" - I now embrace the username "phoenix" because my former life ended in flames, but my new life will be spectacular. 

Board footera