OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 26, 2017 1:56 pm  #11

Re: helping out as Admin

I think what you have suggested there looks really good lostdad. I totally agree with simplifying the forum structure as much as possible while still having the desired effect of sorting questions and responses into useful groupings

You have a future. A good one. It begins as a flicker of hope. Nurture it until it becomes a dream and when you are strong enough you will make it a reality. NEVER give up. 

January 27, 2017 11:49 am  #12

Thanks JK and Steve. 

Let's not rush into anything.  Like we all agree, there is nothing wrong with our forum.  It doesn't NEED to be fixed.  But if there are ways to improve it and make it a more helpful resource then I'm all for it.  I just don't want to rush into making changes without hearing opposing sides and more ideas.

let's keep thinking and brain-storming ideas.  Let's give time for more people to give input as well.  There might be someone who is strongly opposed to making any change at all and might have a very good reason for that.  So let's wait a while and see. 

Last edited by lostdad (January 27, 2017 11:50 am)

-Formerly "Lostdad" - I now embrace the username "phoenix" because my former life ended in flames, but my new life will be spectacular. 

February 28, 2017 4:39 pm  #13

jkpeace wrote:

Sam and LostDad,

Is there any way we could change the private Inbox?  There are 2 things that I would like to see:
1.  No limit to the length of writing.
2.  Have the questions and responses be linked, in a thread.  It's tedious to click back & forth to read a previous message, before responding.

Thank you for all of your time, here.

JK, 
I've been researching the private message settings and have been unable to adjust the issues you bring up.  Unfortunately we are limited by the forum software we use.  To fix these we would have to pay additional fees to upgrade services or try to find a different software and forum host, which would likely cause us to lose the content we currently have. 

-Formerly "Lostdad" - I now embrace the username "phoenix" because my former life ended in flames, but my new life will be spectacular. 

February 28, 2017 4:46 pm  #14

Curious...who pays for this forum?

February 28, 2017 5:06 pm  #15

All, 

I keep coming back to the idea of adding content to help people with "moving on".   I see this as an opportunity to help a lot of people.  We all do a great job of pitching in and supporting the new members who are days/weeks from reveal and are still in the trauma stage.  But I see a lot of us who get stuck for a long time in the post-divorce stage.  I want to work on this.  A lot of content can be borrowed from other sites because it's generic (how to be a single parent, how to meet new people, how to find new activities, etc..)  But I think each of these has some twist due to the emotional issues that are left behind from TGT.  So i want to talk about customizing these ideas for our group.  i wish I had a PHD in psychology so that i could help with the mental health issues.. but I don't..  

February 28, 2017 5:10 pm  #16

vicky wrote:

Everything is under the umbrella of the Straight Spouse Network and it's board of directors.  I don't know and therefore can't share any specifics beyond that. 

February 28, 2017 7:53 pm  #17

lostdad,  I'll be happy to help with this moving on/ resource area.  Let me know what you need. 

“Above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely of places.”

February 28, 2017 9:38 pm  #18

vicky wrote:

The Forum is free. Lostdad and I work as volunteers. It was started under the auspices of the Straight Spouse Network and is a support arm of the network. The SSN website is supported by donors to SSN and contains the only link to this forum.

March 1, 2017 10:15 am  #19

maresyd wrote:

lostdad,  I'll be happy to help with this moving on/ resource area.  Let me know what you need. 

that would be awesome!  I was hoping you might be willing to help because you are the most qualified person i know for this.  I'll email you 

March 1, 2017 5:35 pm  #20

lostdad....ha!  #greatminds

“Above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely of places.”

Board footera