OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 7, 2016 1:54 pm  #1

? About behavior

Does anyone know if there are groups of homosexuals that target women? I know this sounds like ikind if a crazy question. But I was  wondering if anyone has any thoughts on this or any referrals/references? Thanks

August 8, 2016 9:48 am  #2

Re: ? About behavior

Not that I have heard of.  Do you feel that happened to you?

August 8, 2016 1:05 pm  #3

What do you mean by "target"?  You mean they..... have a plan to marry st8 women in order to use them?  Or do you mean something more physical - like a gang of them jumping women?  Please clarify.

Thanks -

Kel

You are not required to set yourself on fire to keep other people warm.

August 9, 2016 11:33 am  #4

It sure feels that way when you discover that your partner is gay.  But I have never heard of it being organized.  I do know that my X created groups of Down Low men he associated with over the years like the "poker game" group, but whether they actively targeted women as a group or just singularly I have no idea.

"No matter how hard the journey may be, remember to be kind to yourself..."

February 19, 2017 11:44 am  #5

I suspect that some bi men "target" women as a front - or a "beard"

February 27, 2017 4:25 pm  #6

I've heard people mention it as something they're suspicious of, but I've never seen any proof of it.  Personally, I think we all wind up in this place because they feel too isolated and unaccepted.  If they are a group, they want to be more accepted and embraced, which requires they come out of the shadows.  I have no idea what targeting straight women would do for them as a group.  They want to be seen as normal, healthy, loving people.  Targeting doesn't serve their purposes.

I've also known gay men who were friends - they were interested in the same things in life as the rest of us - fun, good sex, finding partners, making a living, raising a family.  There was never any time in their lives for f*cking with people.  They were out, proud, and wanted to meet others who were the same.  And then have a good life.

Kel

You are not required to set yourself on fire to keep other people warm.

Board footera