OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 22, 2017 8:10 pm  #21

Re: What the GID men say

Slightly different take:
Closeted cross-dressing autogynephile husband (man who gets sexually excited by the thought of himself as a woman), who lives by day as a man and comes home and puts on women's clothes.  
   When I said I found living in his closet stressful told me that my discomfort will be what that makes him come out of the closet.  As if he'll do it "for me."
  Of course this was after he said, "Is there anything I can do?"  (as if he isn't the SOURCE of my stress!)

Last edited by OutofHisCloset (February 23, 2017 9:47 pm)

March 19, 2017 2:20 pm  #22

Deleted

Last edited by Duped (November 11, 2019 2:21 pm)

March 20, 2017 10:15 am  #23

Duped,

Stay strong, if you are lucky enough to have your own place then you have room to breath. Just keep posting and reading, we're here.

Go not quietly into that great, good night......Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

March 20, 2017 10:26 am  #24

Deleted

Last edited by Duped (November 11, 2019 2:22 pm)

March 26, 2017 2:46 pm  #25

I heard many of the same things, yet, I got this...your my wife and your job is to take care of my home, my son, and my sexual needs when I desire them from you, not when you want them. In other words I was the maid, and child care giver and nothing more. It was hatefully said. When he said this to me it shot fire through my veins. This is what really got to me and when I decided to end my marriage. 

Last edited by Emerald (March 26, 2017 2:49 pm)

March 26, 2017 4:46 pm  #26

Something that came up recently with a friend who's ex boyfriend is now suspected by many to be gay.

"I could go without sex for a long time, it doesn't bother me"

My ex used to say the exact same thing. Starting to suspect it's a sign.

March 26, 2017 7:06 pm  #27

Iamthelorax, maybe I've lived under the assumption to long, but I've always understood that men are sexually active creatures...their desire for sex. So, If a man said this to me, knowing what I know now. I'd run and drop him so fast it would make his head spin. What a huge red flag. 

March 26, 2017 7:27 pm  #28

I can bear witness that my GID ex wife said it too. And it was so eerie that it was quoted so accurately by my friend. She never understood what his problem was and did't talk to me about it until then. As she was telling me about how he didn't care for sex, was crazy image conscious and built a wall against her that only allowed to remain at a "safe" distance, it was all alarm bells for me. 

She says his friends suspect he's gay (her friend is dating one of them) and were surprised he dated her.

March 26, 2017 7:34 pm  #29

Have you causally mentioned to her that you come to this site and how it has helped you? Might help her as well see a pattern starting to develop. 

March 26, 2017 7:52 pm  #30

I thought of it but she just dated this guy fr a year or so and has had problem-free boyfriends since.

Board footera