OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 16, 2017 9:33 pm  #1

One of the best quotes I've seen this year....

By one of my favorite authors, Paulo Coehlo

‪Forgive but do not forget, or you will be hurt again.‬
‪Forgiving changes the perspectives. ‬
‪Forgetting loses the lesson.‬

Don't forget who you are, my friends.  

“Above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely of places.”

February 17, 2017 11:15 am  #2

Re: One of the best quotes I've seen this year....

JK Peace and Jen S, you gals make my heart warm.  I hope you enjoy Coehlo as much as I did. 

All of his books have a similar theme, but by far The Alchemist, and Aleph were the most touching to me.  
I also found great comfort in several other writers, but I'm a reader.  One of my favorite books is The Prophet by Kahlil Gibran, which I've mentioned here several times. I tend to look toward books from the human experience to lift me as well.  Iyanla Vanzant's Peace from Broken Pieces was also great.  I've mentioned some by Marianne Williamson, and I've also read lots from Thich nhat hanh as I struggled through my anger and authentic self, as well as Pema Chodron's When Things Fall Apart and The Places that Scare You.  I've blogged on my own just to get the words out, and all sorts of other things.
For either of you, if you want to borrow from my library, I'd be happy to ship them to you.  I give books away often that were helpful to me in certain times, and giving them away to someone I know that will find them useful gives me a warm fuzzy feeling.   PM me your address or a PO box where I could mail them and I'll take care of it. 

And perhaps, on another thread, we can start a book and music listing (I know there's a music listing somewhere) of all of the books and music we used to help us move through this crazy rollercoaster. 

Hugs to you both. 

“Above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely of places.”

Board footera