OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 16, 2017 5:11 pm  #11

Re: Hi I'm new here.

Hi FoolMeTwice,
​Don't be so hard on yourself with your pseudonym.  You weren't fooled, you believed what you were told by someone you love.  That's not being fooled that's having trust. 
​I'm on MMOMW as well as JK.  It's a good group of people I hope they accept you soon and I suggest you ask your wife to join as well with you it may help her figure out if she wants to remain in the marriage as well and help you two come up with some options to make it work.  Open the door to the discussion at least. 

​Vicky

February 16, 2017 9:15 pm  #12

Re: Hi I'm new here.

Fool Me Twice,  Ah, yes.  The fixer.  I'm one of those.  I also had tremendous empathy for my spouse, and in the end was the one who told him, "You are gay.  You can't help who you are, so just be that. You're not happy with me, and you don't want to be married to me.  And I'm not sticking around for more of your confusion.  I'm clear about it."  It was, by far, the hardest thing I ever had to do, but I let him go.  He became angry, yet I was the first one he would lean on to tell me the next person he came out to.  I became more loving, he became more selfish.  In the end, we were allowed to be our authentic selves, and it was as it should be.  Still is.  We aren't together, and we don't hate each other.  We shared a past, and we don't share a future.  Sad, but it is what it is. 

Not sure what area of the country you are in, but therapists that specialize in a buddhist based therapy have often graduate degrees from Naropa University in Colorado.  They do have a directory of therapists online.  http://www.naropa.edu/alumni-relations/alumni-resources/alumni-therapist-directory/index.php
It's a very different approach than traditional therapy. You may find it interesting. 

I agree with vicky and JK, if you two can work through it (keeping in mind that there are TWO of you, not just her, you'll both find the way that is right for you.  

“Above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely of places.”

Board footera