OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 20, 2016 1:23 pm  #1

Be the hero of your own movie

Hi there,

I just watched an old video again and thought it would be inspirational here. When we separated 3 years ago, I was in a deep depression. I was trying very hard to make changes to snap out of it, hoping I could do it without meds. There was a speech I heard from Joe Rogan that really helped me out. 

It\s here for you guys to hear, hopefully it has the same effect on you as it had on me. The idea is to accept that your like is a complete mess like the beginning of a movie where the character turns it all around.Be the hero of your own movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YN6N2GY-7u8

December 21, 2016 12:13 am  #2

Re: Be the hero of your own movie

Lorax,

Thanks. .I need to start moving on.  The holidays dredged up all kinds of wounds with the kids and contact.
Time to stop complaining and just do stuff.

"For we walk by faith, not by sight .."  2Corinthians 5:7

Board footera