OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 10, 2016 10:30 pm  #1

Aaaaaaaaaand back to apathetic

Hey there,

Just wanted to make sure I don't always post the negatives. Today was a good day. I went shopping for Christmas presents on my own and bought what I wanted without *someone* doing it all themselves without my input. I went to salsa class and had a fun time, headed straight to the weight room after for some "manly" exercises lol. Tonight I'm hitting a dance club with a friend. Tomorrow I will prep for a work trip that might boost my career and then I'm going to snowboard for a couple hours.

Why am I telling you this? Because in between nuclear days, I'm happy and I have clarity. There is literally zero in my life that got worse without her, in fact everything is better. It's in these moments I'm grateful for the blessings in my life that could have only come with the pain I went through. I will go nuclear again in a few days but those moods get easier as time goes by. And that's all I have to say about that.

December 11, 2016 11:42 am  #2

Re: Aaaaaaaaaand back to apathetic

iamthelorax.....YES!  Thanks for sharing the good that is happening. 

“Above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely of places.”

December 12, 2016 1:32 pm  #3

Lorax -

That's GREAT!  I'm glad to hear that your life is better and better, and that you're not suffering from being without her.  Your plans sound great!!!

Kel

You are not required to set yourself on fire to keep other people warm.

December 20, 2016 9:46 am  #4

Lorax, I AM SO GLAD YOU ARE DOING BETTER. I am making steps, ( baby steps sometimes) to head that way too.

JJ1966

Go not quietly into that great, good night......Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

December 20, 2016 9:00 pm  #5

iamthelorax,

Nice to hear you are creating a much better life by yourself. I agree, everything got better when we split. I'm working to get some sort of schedule just like yours in 2017. Time to look uP and move on ahead. 

Judy

December 20, 2016 9:21 pm  #6

Agreed. Onward and forward is the key. None of this is to say that I don't have my moments, I still do. But I'm at a point now where the apathy outnumbers the nuclear. In some weird way, finally learning the truth cleared my mind a lot. Wish she had been honest much earlier but I know now, she doesn't have it in her to give.

Board footera