OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 17, 2016 4:22 pm  #1

To the victims of sociopoath, psychopath, or narcissistic abuse.

I thought I was about done for the year but I came across this online and thought it was important to share.... I wish I could give credit to the writer but I do not know who it is..... (warning - it pulls no punches)

"To the victims of sociopoath, psychopath, or narcissistic abuse.If I can give one word of advice to you who are just coming to these pages, and the realization you've been future faked, mind raped, stalked, and had your psyche toyed with like a cat does a ball of yarn, it would be this; BURY THE HOPE!
This idea you have in your mind that somehow it's all going to work out, because you know you've done everything anyone could to show this demon in human skin, how deeply and genuinely you love them, that certainly in a few days, weeks, or months, they too will realize how special you really are, and how horribly they've treated you. THEY ALREADY KNOW.. It is because of your being genuine, and loving, kind, generous, and possessing something they know they can NEVER have, it varies from one situation to the next.
They set out to destroy you because you are GOOD, because you are GENUINE, because you are EMPATHETIC. Empaths are the #1 foe of the narcs, and psycho/sociopaths, From day 1, they've had NOTHING BUT CONTEMPT and SEETHING HATRED for you, the same they HAVE FOR THEMSELVES. You were used to mirror your AWESOME QUALITIES, to make them acceptable to themselves, and they systematically DRAINED YOU of YOU. They will NOT EVER be anything different than they are, SO BURY THE FREAKING HOPE, so you can meet someone worthy of you, someone who is also HUMAN, and not just a demon in human skin.
BURY THE HOPE, and when they come hoovering, the best thing you can do, is make them think you are going to expose them, or just expose them, even slightly, AND THEY'RE GONE, no more hoovering. They will however try to discredit you to anyone willing to listen, until either they die, or the earth is no more. But who cares what a 4 year old has to say anyway, and anyone dumb enough or gullible enough to believe them, even if they claim to be a friend of yours, well as the adage goes; With friends like that, who needs enemies. People, listen to me as one who didn't listen to others, and save yourself unnecessary heartache and foolish pining, see the beast as the beast they truly are, and bury the hope."

Last edited by Daryl (December 17, 2016 4:23 pm)

“The future is unwritten.”
― Joe Strummer

December 17, 2016 7:21 pm  #2

Re: To the victims of sociopoath, psychopath, or narcissistic abuse.

This is a keeper, thanks Daryl, and. Merry Christmas and peaceful New Year to you!

December 17, 2016 7:37 pm  #3

Same to you Dee!

For what it's worth I thought the "demon" references were a little over the top, although there are a few candidates for that title based on what I've read on this board. Feel free to insert whatever applies to your own situation "scared little boy" "entitled jerk" "insecure lying b*st*rd" etc.

“The future is unwritten.”
― Joe Strummer

December 17, 2016 10:18 pm  #4

No Daryl,  demon in human skin describes my ex so well.  Lowest point in my life...worst than her gay cheating...when she stood there and told the court family person that I was incapable of taking care of he kids..  i took care of kids every night me so she could. sleep...through all their health problems..I was there ...and she wanted to take them away from me.. pure evil ..satan walking on this earth.   There were no limits to her lies and hurt.

Best Christmas i ever got..being divorced from her this year.    May we call find strength and hope this Christmas.

"For we walk by faith, not by sight .."  2Corinthians 5:7

December 18, 2016 6:17 am  #5

Thank you, Daryl. I saved it. It's so accurate. 

2016 was actually a good year. I finally got enough courage after 46 years to throw him completely out of my life for good. 

Merry Christmas!

Last edited by Judy (December 18, 2016 6:17 am)

Board footera