OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 23, 2016 9:16 am  #1

THANKSGIVING

Deleted (post about how to handle Thanksgiving)

Last edited by jkpeace (April 13, 2017 8:01 pm)

November 23, 2016 10:42 am  #2

Re: THANKSGIVING

My thoughts are that I have no idea what he wants to do for Thanksgiving with his kids. Has he said anything? He's perfectly capable of taking them to a restaurant/movie/whatever without you being responsible for his relationship with them. Forgive me if I'm missing something but it sounds like he's letting you be in charge of handling this for him.

November 23, 2016 12:14 pm  #3

Re: THANKSGIVING

Holidays suck with these ex spouses..  this is what they chose.  They did this... I'm trying not to stress over it..
I say you drop the kids there for a a certain period of time.   Then get them later for your dinner.  Have your dinner a little later..    Its not your problem what he does with them ....   if he were to take them to a movie or restaurant or something that would be good.     You just need the kids to see him...nothing more you can do.

Every holiday is essentially ruined like this and I have a crazy ex who will say its my fault..  I 'm trying not to live in her world anymore..      They say you can spot a narcissist by the path of destruction around them..  

Last edited by Rob (November 23, 2016 4:58 pm)

"For we walk by faith, not by sight .."  2Corinthians 5:7

Board footera