OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 23, 2016 11:03 am  #21

Re: What to do with all this stuff that will never make sense?

A lottery is the most popular game in the world.
More than 50% of the population in developed countries play lottos on a regular basis. However, a traditional lottery has a number of shortcomings which affect every participant without exception
added: 21.10.2016 20:33
---
KIBO LOTTO offers a new approach to the organization and holding of lottos. Thanks to Blockchain and Ethereum smart contract technology, we have eliminated key shortcomings in the most popular social gaming entertainment on earth. - 
RUN YOUR INTERNATIONAL LOTTO

October 23, 2016 11:53 pm  #22

JK, I think I might have a few underlying issues as well. My first marriage was to a cold, unemotionally available man who beat me down in our divorce. I was so happy to meet my ex because he was so nice and I thought he would never hurt me. I honestly thought he would never cheat, turn cold, or be dishonest. Boy, talk about projecting my hopes on him, and not seeing the real him. I guess then I ignored anything that didn't fit, and when I doubted him, I blamed myself for being suspicious of "such a nice man."

Only in looking back does it all click into place.

Well, never again. I'll stay single before I will let anyone lie to me and hold me at arms length. I treat myself better than either of my exes did!

Ugh. So hard.

November 12, 2016 7:49 pm  #23

In my case it made no difference what my ex said she was.  Frankly.i wouldn't believe anything she said anyway.  My experience with str8 women since the marriage exploded strongly suggestea to me that she is and was gay.  She claimed she was bi as she walked out the door.

November 12, 2016 7:58 pm  #24

Though I do struggle with how to rationalize  the 10 years + we spent together.  What on earth was I thinking!  Why didn't I see what was going on.

November 13, 2016 8:25 am  #25

Laurence wrote:

Though I do struggle with how to rationalize  the 10 years + we spent together.  What on earth was I thinking!  Why didn't I see what was going on.

Because we loved them..we overlooked minor offense or signs in out caring for them.  Why should we be ashamed of that..we are in reality more authentic and honest than them.  I'm not going to beay myself up
.fact is I have her for that now...anytime I need to be beat up all I have to is contact her. .Ill get infinite hurt.

Even if I was naive of TGT I never expected her capable of the evil cruelty she inflicted on me as we seperated. 

No not going to beat myself up for loving her.

"For we walk by faith, not by sight .."  2Corinthians 5:7

November 20, 2016 1:03 pm  #26

There is no way to make sense of most of the past and the way the closeted one still tries to play the victim. Accepting that most of the past will never make sense sometimes needs to suffice. We are not sociopaths and do not use people for a purpose like we were used. We straights cannot fathom someone doing this, yet we have the trauma of knowing it was done to us by someone we loved and trusted most in life. That can never make sense to us except to know that we were used to hide or maybe cure someone's gayness even while he/she explored it.

I never got a full confession, but all the pieces can easily be put together. The excuses about what I found and about what he was caught doing are absurd. I saw the lies very clearly even as he claimed remorse. That's not remorse. That's just more BS to someone who finally could see it and make better judgements about the info I heard or observed. He's sorry he got caught or he would have told the full truth and not tried to gaslight me during my greatest grief after I realized I was married to a fraud.

What I've suffered as a mother for standing up to TGT will never make sense and is unbeariinly painful at times. Most of my kids have come around and now see their father is a BS artist who is emotionally unstable. They love him anyways. They were taught well.

After our divorce, i started a new relationship that has helped me to see even more how much I was played, used and abused by my ex. Being loved as a woman and as an individual instead of being resented as a woman (and occasionally feeling loved as a person) has definitely helped me to heal. It's incredibly healing but it is only one aspect of healing, though a major one. Beacuase you asked: Once/if you're ready, I recommend casual dating and just having fun and laughing with a man who you know is straight from the desire in his eyes. It's healing, especially the flirting. Know what you want and be cautious, but it's a whole new world to explore!

November 20, 2016 6:04 pm  #27

needing,

Yeah...I see no gayness if I look back but I see plenty of resentment of men...she always had a though men were 
putting her down..    I should have seen the signs but alas I loved here.      Her girlfriend is this big mean arrogant woman who, if she was man,  my ex would would resent with utter contempt.

"For we walk by faith, not by sight .."  2Corinthians 5:7

Board footera