OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 14, 2016 5:01 am  #21

Re: Lies

Nothing was my business either. He called me paranoid. Told me I was crazy. Told me for decades people over 35 didn't have sex and that's the reason we didn't. I forced it one time and the look on his face was one of horror. He clearly didn't want to be with a woman. I could see it. He left prepaid cell phones and his computer on while he was in his email. Mine was completely gutless and probably did leave things in my path to let me know. Two weeks before mine left he got very ill and I took him to the hospital to save his life. That night after my being up all night my cell rang and it was the male lover, completely hysterical. He leaked it all to me the same night I saved DH's life. I was ill. Sick to death, shaking and scared. I had to wait four days until DH came home from the hospital to confront him and he wouldn't look at me or say a word. I told him to get out and he was gone the next week. I am angry beyond belief with nothing to do with it. I do realize my life is authentic and better now that he's gone. Lots of similarities in stories here. Thank God for all of you. 

Keepinghope wrote:

Oh yes, and the biggest lie was him saying the problem was that I was "too snoopy" and "too suspicious." You wouldn't have known it from my behavior the first 24.5 years of our marriage! Now I wonder if he was also trying to let me catch him, he was that obvious toward the end. He did everything but leave me a map.

Board footera