OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 11, 2019 10:33 am  #1

Any MOM's in the St Augustine, FL/Jax area?

My husband just told me he is gay after 16 years of marriage.  We have 3 children ranging in age from 3 to 14.  He does not have a relationship on the side, he is just finally admitting to himself that he's gay.  Something he says he's been hiding since he was a teenager.  We have had an amazing marriage to date and he truly is my best friend.  Needless to say I am heartbroken. We are trying to explore our options with the MOM relationship thing.  It would be helpful for us to meet some people that have done this and made it work.  Anyone near us?  St Augustine, FL/Jackssonville, FL area? 

January 11, 2019 12:01 pm  #2

Re: Any MOM's in the St Augustine, FL/Jax area?

Synergy...welcome to the forum. This is an earth-shattering, life-changing event. Nothing will be the same ever again. And just like there are men and women who hear this news, of their partner being gay/bisexual, and immediately know it's not going to work and they have to leave....there are husbands, wives, partners who want to explore every avenue in an attempt to make it work.
You don't say how long you've known but it's not something that you can absorb into your r'ship easily. It takes communication, open and honest...with nothing held back.

If you can find others who live close to you who are going through this too...more power to you one of the hardest aspects of this bombshell is the straightspouses lack of having somebody who knows exactly what they are dealing with...to talk to face to face.

I'm in New Zealand. I have nobody to talk to face to face who's going through the same thing I am.

I hope you find that support.

KIA KAHA                       

January 25, 2019 7:31 pm  #3

Re: Any MOM's in the St Augustine, FL/Jax area?

Synergy02....I was meandering through the MOM board and wondered if you have found any other straightspouse contact in your area?

This board...by it's very name....hasn't had the use it should have. I know people who are staying in their marriages/r'ships are seen in a different light..
and I think the title "Making Mixed Orientation Marriage Work" and the words  "....remain committed.." were perhaps misleading in that those of us in MOMs are more questioning of our r'ships rather than committed to them, and we have just as many questions, and need as much advice & comfort as those on the main boards where there is a more decisive tone to the comments.

Anyway....I hope you are moving forward in your journey

Ellexoh

KIA KAHA                       

Board footera