OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 7, 2018 10:31 am  #1

Holidays bring lots of new members -Please visit often to support them

Hey gang, 

If you haven't noticed, we are seeing a big uptick in new members.  This is normal during the holidays.  It seems this time of year is the most common for LGBT spouses to come out, or they most often get caught, or we most often find out the truth. 

It's also the hardest time of the year for all of us.  The loss of the life we knew hits hardest during this time of sentiment and tradition.  We visit our families and reunite with old friends and relatives.  We remember so many traditions and relive our history and it hurts so much more.   Being a straight spouse is hardest this time of year. 

I ask this favor of everyone. 
Please carve out a few extra minutes when possible and offer love and support to each other here on this forum.  Please reply with kind words to our many new members. 

This place was as lifeline for me and I know it is for so many others as they go through this difficult journey.  Let's be a little extra kind and loving and supportive!

Thanks so much!

-Formerly "Lostdad" - I now embrace the username "phoenix" because my former life ended in flames, but my new life will be spectacular. 

December 7, 2018 8:32 pm  #2

Re: Holidays bring lots of new members -Please visit often to support them

-- A lifeline to me, too.

Last edited by Estella Oculus (December 8, 2018 8:15 am)

December 8, 2018 2:08 am  #3

Re: Holidays bring lots of new members -Please visit often to support them

Yes. kindness and sincere and authentic e-hugs.

"For we walk by faith, not by sight .."  2Corinthians 5:7

Board footera