OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 4, 2018 6:08 pm  #1

Okay, question for you old timers on the board re SSN gatherings

So,  I’ve been listening to SSN podcasts today.  Like I said in another post, lurked on here for three years.  No support groups near me.  BUT now wondering about the bigger get togethers.  Are there conferences for us?  Where’s our parade lol?  But seriously, is there?  Anybody ever go?  I think for me, I’m kind of desperate to meet real people in person.   Buy a straight spouse pride t shirt or a I’m outta his closet bumber sticker, lol.  Be able to give/receive a hug from someone who can say “I know, I lived it too”

September 4, 2018 7:59 pm  #2

Re: Okay, question for you old timers on the board re SSN gatherings

4everdamaged wrote:

So, I’ve been listening to SSN podcasts today. Yip....the podcasts are great aren't they! Like I said in another post, lurked on here for three years. No support groups near me. I'm in NZ, at the bottom of the world. I know how you feel.  BUT now wondering about the bigger get togethers. Are there conferences for us? Where’s our parade lol? But seriously, is there? Anybody ever go? I think for me, I’m kind of desperate to meet real people in person. Mine's more like a quiet, wistful hope. Buy a straight spouse pride t shirt or a I’m outta his closet bumber sticker, lol. Be able to give/receive a hug from someone who can say “I know, I lived it too” Oh ditto ditto

Ellexoh

KIA KAHA                       

September 4, 2018 9:08 pm  #3

I thought there was a large invite only group each year.  Reach out to the SSN.

I will say in the early days until I found a therapist the local folks were great.  A hug from someone that gets it is a profound thing..

Sending you a sincere e-hug  (virtual but authentic)

"For we walk by faith, not by sight .."  2Corinthians 5:7

September 4, 2018 10:21 pm  #4

You might try direct messaging Sam.  I think he knows about them, but they aren't discussed on the board for privacy reasons.  I've never been, but there is a group I think that meets in the late summer once a year.  Again, you might check with Sam or SSN.

"Oh what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive!" - Sir Walter Scott

Board footera