OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 24, 2016 7:11 am  #11

Re: Staying sane with these emotions without raising suspicion!

Selfrenewal,

I'm so jealous..moving to another state and starting over.  Your strength and courage I wish we all had.
I found strength and courage to get through the divorce and am now doing the best I can in my new single life.  I get to see my kids.  I should say I'm much happier..the anxiety and stress of coming home to gay crap and inhumane treatment is not there..
There is a normalcy in my life.

No contact has been key and it's amazing at the contrast....being away from her one can see how sick and immoral her behavior was (still is).  I'm sorry but my gay ex gay spouse is not normal.  I  see now she is crazy..she is a cruel narcissist..in her proud gay arrogance she became a monster.  Even a stranger on the street has more morals. She could be a sociopath or pychopath.

If not for my kids and family, job, etc I would have fled to another state to get far away.
I can only admire anyone that flees.

"For we walk by faith, not by sight .."  2Corinthians 5:7

August 25, 2016 6:23 am  #12

Update....saw the 2nd lawyer yesterday(free consult) and basically said the same as the first lawyer...worse case scenario which I can definitely live with is that my partner is entitled to all the furniture he's purchased(which is everything except my bedroom set) and possibly reclaim the diamond ring(which I hoped to sell to help pay for the friggin roof I now need!) bc it was for the intention of marrying....so what!  All the financial investments he put in this house for repairs, updates and renovations are "gifts"....it was his idea and yes, his money but they are considered gifts.  Financially, I'm sitting decent but will have to RETURN to work part time(I retired a few years and enjoy a VERY active lifestyle which is shattered bc of him) to carry the rest of my household bills that the GID is presently paying for.  Next step is the counselor I have appt tomorrow.  I have a list of all this emotional roller coastering I've been experiencing in dealing with this B.S.  Lots of anger, sprinkling of the denial still there, mourning over what I thought I had and the list goes on.  I hope she is equipped to guide me through all this...I'm more concerned to learn why and how to deal with the co dependency involved and to NOT continue any patterns!!!

August 25, 2016 7:28 am  #13

Dear R&L,

I just read through your thread. You are amazing.  You go!

Can you cash in the ring now for the roof without liability later?

"No matter how hard the journey may be, remember to be kind to yourself..."

August 25, 2016 7:58 am  #14

R&L,

Good steps forward..doing what needs to be done.  These are the cards our spouses handed us.  We walk forward in faith.

"For we walk by faith, not by sight .."  2Corinthians 5:7

August 25, 2016 8:12 am  #15

I think a ring is also a gift.  Didn't you say he gave it to you many years ago?  Traditionally, a ring was sort of like insurance or a good faith indicator that the man was truly committing.  And if he walked away before the marriage, it left the woman with something to help her until a new man could be lined up.  Sounds crazy in today's world, but back in the day ...  So I just wonder if you went ahead and sold it and used the money as you intend, if any judge would really require you to reimburse him.  Since you have to fix the roof any way, I think I would risk it.  Just hang on to the paperwork/receipt to show what you truly got for the ring so he cannot demand some inflated amount based on what he might have paid for it.  For all you know, he might not even think to ask for it and I certainly would not be reminding him!!  A gift is a gift and should not be demanded back.  I hope you can find a part time job that you enjoy to make that part of the story a bit better.  But not having him in your house and life is worth it!!!

August 25, 2016 1:55 pm  #16

Thanx everyone for your support!
 Dixie.....yes, I'm NOT giving up this ring quite yet.  I'd like selling it and paying part of the roof bill expense something I've done on my own....I agree that the ring was a promise from HIM to commit to this relationship but  all he's done is sabotage everything with his deceit, lying, betrayal and you know the rest of the list of B.S. they have put us through.  Ironically, he and I are doing all the things we usually DO through out the day so nothing looks out of order(even though he was a little suspicious when I go to my bedroom for awhile sometimes to check these posts) It gets real difficult bc we do so much during the day with sports etc so I find myself looking at him, wondering STILL how could he have done TGT while risking this lifestyle but then quickly realizing all "this lifestyle" was his cover up and a nice soft place to hide and fall....yup, still in disbelief and even wonder when the time comes, if I can pull this off.  As mentioned, I'm seeing the counselor tomorrow so hope to get through this quick sand of emotions and stay out on top long enough to regain my power and strength to overcome.

August 25, 2016 4:16 pm  #17

R and L,

Yeah for you! On your way to an honest and drama free life.

Board footera