OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 19, 2018 8:09 am  #1

Wives of Bi/Gay husbands forum

I just saw and signed up for this forum. Do you know how long it takes to get approved or if there is ever any activity on it? 

“And once the storm is over, you won’t remember how you made it through, how you managed to survive. You won’t even be sure, whether the storm is really over. But one thing is certain, when you come out of the storm, you won’t be the same person who walked in. That’s what this storm’s all about.” ~ Haruki Murakami ~

August 11, 2018 1:56 pm  #2

Re: Wives of Bi/Gay husbands forum

Roo wrote:

I just saw and signed up for this forum. Do you know how long it takes to get approved or if there is ever any activity on it? 

Roo...if it's anything like the Yahoo group I tried to join..it may take awhile. I remember the feelings of doubt..that I hadn't filled the online form out properly, or that I hadn't given them enough info about my situation (or the wrong information!). When my application to join was declined my sense of failure didn't help my already confused & emotional state at this maelstrom that I was working through.
I'm nothing if not persistent when I feel something MAY be worth it, so I applied again...only to be declined again.
That, to me, said "don't beat myself up about reaching out to something that's so difficult to join" It caused way too much stress.
And in the end it didn't matter...because I found this forum. And I have realised that even joining a site for wines ....wives! lol.... of bisexual men continues to put a greater emphasis on my partner....than it does on me. I don't want to be seen as his partner. I want to be me!

Last edited by Ellexoh_nz (August 11, 2018 8:13 pm)

KIA KAHA                       

August 11, 2018 6:43 pm  #3

Hello.  I too just signed up several days ago.  I have not yet heard anything.

August 13, 2018 2:04 am  #4

I’ve still not heard anything

“And once the storm is over, you won’t remember how you made it through, how you managed to survive. You won’t even be sure, whether the storm is really over. But one thing is certain, when you come out of the storm, you won’t be the same person who walked in. That’s what this storm’s all about.” ~ Haruki Murakami ~

August 13, 2018 9:24 am  #5

Does the SSN have anything to do with the mentioned forum? Funny, I just got an email telling me I was  DENIED. One of the reasons stated my email address is not a yahoo address (and it was) and several other possibilities. I replied with the info requested so we'll see.
I have this group and am happy for that. You guys are my ONLY source of comfort in this hell that I am in.
BTW, he made another 'stop' at his favorite local gay sex club yesterday on his way back from staying on the boat over the weekend. I didn't go because of the new kitten. Every opportunity he gets, he goes there! Makes me sick, sad and angry. 

August 13, 2018 9:40 am  #6

The yahoo group you are referring to has no affiliation with the SSN.  

-Formerly "Lostdad" - I now embrace the username "phoenix" because my former life ended in flames, but my new life will be spectacular. 

August 13, 2018 10:26 am  #7

Okay, thank you. I was just wondering because I found the link through SSN. 

August 13, 2018 10:38 am  #8

Roo wrote:

Okay, thank you. I was just wondering because I found the link through SSN. 

We are in favor of people getting the best and most helpful support they can find.  If that group is helpful then we hope everyone can get help there.  

I'm clearly not a member of the group and I can't help with signup or anything related to it.   But I wish you the best in getting in and hope they can offer you some great advice and compassion.   Of course, signing up there is just another form of support.  Obviously we hope you stick around here as well.   

-Formerly "Lostdad" - I now embrace the username "phoenix" because my former life ended in flames, but my new life will be spectacular. 

August 13, 2018 12:40 pm  #9

Oh I plan on staying with this group. Ya'll have been my only support and I appreciate everything you do!

Board footera