OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 20, 2018 5:03 am  #1

Single again

Hey evwryone its been a long time since I've posted here. Well its definitely game over for my relationship. She wants women so bad so be it. I just hate to have all the bullshit that will come with this. Like my 2 children being involved. She claimed she is bisexual and is on pof on the mens side. She wants to be friends and i keep goinv back and forth on that. If there were no kids involved she would never ever see me again. Why do she say she has a fantasy about a 3sum with me and another woman. We have had sex quite steadily for a while. Well its been consitent which is when she is ovulating so we havent had a huge gap in sex. All the stuff i read usually theres 6 months or more in between. I literally helped her become a better person just so that she can leave. I dont trust her. She says she isnt seeinv anyone atm. I have a couple of phone numbers but no dates yet. All the stuff i keep reading about bisexual women is crazy. I have so much on my mind my brain is frying.

June 20, 2018 7:26 am  #2

Re: Single again

Wishing,
 Your brain is frying because she's mindfucking you bigtime.  Intermittent sex doled out keeps you on the hook (and that it's at a time she can get pregnant?  what's that about?) and allows her to deceive herself that she's not really blowing up your marriage (or even, maybe, to deceive herself about her real sexuality).  Don't mistake her having sex with you for her loving you or being committed to your marriage; whether more or less consciously, she's thinking that you're useful to her (you "helped her become a better person," after all) and she doesn't want to cut that cord.  You, however, need to start limiting your concern to yourself and your children.

June 20, 2018 8:23 am  #3

Hi wishing.  Welcome back.  I'm glad you checked in with us. 

Sorry your relationship didn't work out, but credit to you for trying.  Time to put her in the rear view mirror and move forward with your life. 

Be cautious dating when you are so fresh from your breakup.  It can be fun and exciting and even healing, but we often aren't emotionally ready so early.  If a new relationship doesn't work out it can be a devastating set-back.   Just a word of warning for you..  be cautious with your heart. 

-Formerly "Lostdad" - I now embrace the username "phoenix" because my former life ended in flames, but my new life will be spectacular. 

June 20, 2018 1:53 pm  #4

phoenix wrote:

Hi wishing.....Time to put her in the rear view mirror and move forward with your life...... 
Be cautious with your heart. 

Good advice Phoenix....and I love the rear-view mirror phrase

KIA KAHA                       

June 20, 2018 5:17 pm  #5

Thanks for your replies. At this time she is not trying to keep me around. She wants me to date.

June 20, 2018 11:11 pm  #6

Date, but not divorce her?  

The most likely scenario is she will date other women and you won't because you are still attracted to her and would feel guilty if you did.

Neither of you want to get divorced.  All the sympathy in the world, we have all felt that.  It is as awful or worse than you imagine.

but how do you think it will work for you to start dating other women while still having sex with your wife?  is this something you want?  

June 21, 2018 8:37 am  #7

I tend to agree with Phoenix~move forward for YOU.  I personally do not see how a person could stay in the marriage with someone that is not honest about who they are.  Why would you want to stay?  Take care of yourself, your heart.

Board footera