OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 31, 2018 12:44 pm  #11

Re: Feeling physically unwell

I am trying to make new plans although at times I just want to crawl under the duvet and not come out! Going to the gym for a tour tomorrow. Aargh.
Have suspended my FB account. Was spending too much time on there. Not on his page I may add- I unfriended him ages ago.
Have applied to have my name changed back to my maiden name. 
I am going to have to send him a letter though- in Scotland we need to have a separation agreement listing all the financial info thats split before you can divorce so I need to tell him what I want. I could ask my solicitor but it will cost more. 
But once thats done that is it- no more contact needed.

May 31, 2018 1:48 pm  #12

STRONGERTHANIKNEW wrote 
"I know it is hard because I'm right there with you. I thought my future was set, and it was pulled right out from under me. My whole world was turned upside down. I'm not going to let it ruin me or my life though. Now, I get to do what I want to do. Now, my future is the course I set - not the one he sets for us. I can't wait to see how it all unfolds".

StrongerThanIKnew, thanks for those words. We need that as a constant reminder, so it will sink with us.
We have our life under our control now...maybe not all aspects, but still we are the one who sets a new course and we are the one who can change everything and prove that happiness comes within us if we let it.
I have to believe those words otherwise I cannot see the purpose of my life.
"When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change" W.Dyer

May 31, 2018 2:15 pm  #13

Lena wrote:

"When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change" 

KIA KAHA                       

May 31, 2018 2:24 pm  #14

When I was going through TGT, I kept getting physically ill with things that my body would normally be able to fight off with an antibiotic. I got repeated Step Throat and it just got worse and worse despite being on meds. I missed nearly two weeks of work. I would go back after feeling a bit better only to be bedridden again immediately afterwards. It's my opinion that my mental state was sucking all my body's resources up, and leaving none for the rest of me.  Once I got happy again, I rarely got sick.  I would say I was sick that TGT year over 10 times.  It's likely been 6 times of being sick since then - in about 7 years.  And even those were all just plain old headcolds.

You might want to invest in some vitamins and get as much rest and relaxation as you can.  Sometimes your body will make sure you take down time when it can't handle any more - even if it means confining you to a bed.

Best to you -

Kel

You are not required to set yourself on fire to keep other people warm.

June 8, 2018 12:34 pm  #15

I suppose most normal people go for a drink after work on a Friday? Not me. I've had 3 swabs done, 2 blood tests and a urine sample taken! You couldn't make this shit up could you? The nurse was fantastic- lots of advice about self care and going easy on myself. But God, what an experience.

June 8, 2018 5:04 pm  #16

I had the tests all done, too. All negative, thank goodness. But now I think back to all those UTIs I had the past 6 years, and all the antibiotics that did not work, and I vaguely remember the Urologist suggested my UTIs could be caused by STDs.....and of course I thought, no way, not me...........but now??????

Board footera