OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 19, 2017 10:57 am  #1

Looking Forward: A group effort to help us all find a better future

To my str8 spouse family:

I've been thinking for a while about some ways to add value to our group.  I feel like we do a great job nursing new members through the worst of times.. those first few weeks of discovery, when life is shattering around us.   Fortunately for all of us, the worst of times does pass and we all gain some strength back and then have to start finding ways to move forward with our lives.  This is where I want to add more help and content to our group. 

I have many ideas to start collecting resources and ideas to help us move forward away from the destruction and toward a happy and complete future.  I will begin adding new content (with the help of all of the members of this forum).  However, we already have a lot of great info on this site, so I'm going to try to make it a bit more visible. 

In that light, I'm going to go through the forum and find threads with great advice that already exist.  I will add the words "Looking Forward" to the start of each of these posts so that they are more easily visible. 

Looking Forward:  
Common usage implies optimism regarding some favorable future events.   Ex. "I'm looking forward to the party this weekend".    
Literal usage is the viewing of thing in front of us. 
Synonyms:   Look how positive most of these are. 

-Formerly "Lostdad" - I now embrace the username "phoenix" because my former life ended in flames, but my new life will be spectacular. 

April 11, 2018 5:11 pm  #2

Re: Looking Forward: A group effort to help us all find a better future

What a great idea, Phoenix. I feel it is time for me to turn my face from the past (after all, Lot's wife turned to a pillar of salt when she looked back, right?) and start looking optimistically to the future. How can I search for the "looking forward" posts you've flagged?

April 11, 2018 7:35 pm  #3

Re: Looking Forward: A group effort to help us all find a better future

Great question!

Click the search button atop the forum.   Type in "Looking Forward" into the search field.   Then below in the Where to search section, select subject only. 

I think there are only 5 threads so far.  I didn't get as far with this as I hoped..   But thanks for the reminder.  I'll starting paying more attention to calling out optimistic thread topics. 

-Formerly "Lostdad" - I now embrace the username "phoenix" because my former life ended in flames, but my new life will be spectacular. 

Board footera