OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 11, 2018 1:35 pm  #21

Re: Wives of CD/Tran/Bi...

Lynne wrote:

Tyurk,

Unfortunately you are experiencing the same personal and social outcomes as most of us who have found ourselves in a relationship with someone who suffers from a narcissistic personality disorder.  Now he has  told his family that he is bi and a victim and they have come to his rescue and view you as the enemy, it's called triangulation.  They don't know the truth and wouldn't be able to believe or accept it if they did from the sound of things.  The truth:  he has a narcissistic personality disorder and autogynephilia and you are being traumatized as a result.  I doubt He even knows the truth or would believe or accept it.  I doubt his therapist knows. Time to find normal people as duped said.  Let his family take care of him.  Go back and file for divorce again.  Hugs.

Lynne,
I just looked up triangulation. Wow. Exactly what happened. I was lied to, cheated on IMO, and abused. I held it together for about 5 years without acting out, then after realizing the lies continued I pulled away. And I have regret because I know it has affected my kids. In my selfish depression,  I have spent more time with friends in the last 2 years than my whole marriage combined. I have spent quite a few nights away from home as well. And he became very resentful and angry at me for it. Jealous of my friends. Told his family about my neglectful behavior.  And they now think Im a bad mom. It sure looks that way now from the outside.  Went from being the only one who cooked to hardly never cooking. Only one to shop. Now he does it. We used to take turns with the kids, now he pretty much bathes them and puts them to bed every night. I feel like a crappy mom and I guess Im acting like one. I just feel dead inside and like I dont have the energy to do these things or be who they need. And I have much regret and remorse for it. Time I will never get back.

March 11, 2018 1:38 pm  #22

OutofHisCloset wrote:

Here's a re-frame for you: your spouse did not buy "gay thongs" because he thought you were going to leave him.  YOU did NOT "make him" do anything. He is using that as an excuse.  He bought "gay thongs" because HE wanted them.  Do not let him make his actions your fault.  Put the agency where it belongs--on him. 

OOHC,
Seriously, thank God for you today.
Yes ma'am. You are correct!! Thank you!!!!!

My own weakness makes me ill. But you guys are pumping me up!!

Im feeling better and better today.

March 11, 2018 1:44 pm  #23

Duped wrote:

Stop apologising for yourself Tyurk. That woman didn’t think twice about attacking you, you’re entitled to stand up for yourself.

Stop minimising your feelings, they are valid. In fact they are everything to you.

Duped,

Ok. Ok. Yes. She didnt think twice did she? She didnt reach out to me. No. She judged! If she really gave a shit about me she would say damn Tyurk, your post was dark and gloomy are you ok? Like many other friends did.

I am an empath I think. This is why I put everyones feelings first.

March 11, 2018 1:58 pm  #24

"She didnt think twice did she? She didnt reach out to me. No. She judged! If she really gave a shit about me she would say damn Tyurk, your post was dark and gloomy are you ok? Like many other friends did."

Way to go, Tyurk!  You've reframed, all on your own.  Keep doing this!

Also, about your reaction to him, withdrawing and letting him take over so you look bad?  This, my dear, is what they call "topping from the bottom."  He maneuvers you into the corner and beats you up there with his lies and denials, and then, when you become depressed and can't function, or run away and flee because it's too painful to stay and be beat up by his lies and gaslighting, he takes over the chores and "shows" you how bad you are. You're reacting in a rational manner to the situation you find yourself in.  He has been herding you, just like dogs do with sheep.  
  You're also exhibiting the signs of depression, which are perfectly understandable given the abusive situation you're in.  Abuse doesn't have to be physical or even verbal abuse; it can be a pattern of behaviors, the behavioral dynamic of living with a closeted and in denial spouse.
   You should be patting yourself on the back for taking it as long as you have.  Five years is a long time!  Too long.  And your body and mind have been telling you it's enough.  No more of this sick and unhealthy dynamic.  Save yourself and your kids--they don't need to spend any more time in this unhealthy situation.  

Last edited by OutofHisCloset (March 11, 2018 2:01 pm)

March 11, 2018 2:21 pm  #25

Deleted

Last edited by Duped (August 28, 2019 1:45 pm)

March 11, 2018 10:37 pm  #26

JenS wrote:

Turyk, 

I wanted to comment about what's happened, as a result of this situation, to your relationship with your children.   It makes me very angry that he's taken advantage of your trauma to step into the caretaking role.   If you can manage it, I think that it is important that you re-assert yourself as the children's primary caregiver for several reasons.  They need you.  You are the stable parent.   These men are very manipulative and it's not beyond them to try to secure their relationship with the children at your expense.  Protect yourself there, too. 

JenS.

JenS,

Absolutely. I am making big changes and not letting myself sacrifice anymore time with them and making sure im the primary caregiver again as well. I cant live with myself if I dont. That guilt was horrible. And im ashamed I even became that mother. Or lack thereof. But I am not going to let it happen again. 

Thank you

March 11, 2018 11:29 pm  #27

Can you be a healthy mom while staying with him?

Board footera