OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 6, 2018 3:32 pm  #11

Re: What Lurks Beneath

Thank you Lily, for understanding.  

March 6, 2018 3:36 pm  #12

yes, exactly Jen.  I hadn't taken in she was misquoting but I knew it was wrong.

March 6, 2018 3:58 pm  #13

You know what Jen?  You're right.  I looked back, and you didn't both ask the question and then tell me that I was wrong for generalizing.  It was others who spoke that way.  I had jumped back and forth in the thread reading it while keep being interrupted, and I thought you had both asked the question and then slammed me for having an opinion.  I apologize.

And thanks for the info about the quotes.  I didn't realize that.

To the others who keep telling me I have no business thinking the way I do, all I can say is that it's not personal.  We notice here often how much the GID spouses seem to work off the same script, or have the same program downloaded to operate off of.  THAT's okay.  And so is thinking that being gay is inborn - apparently some behaviors and thought patterns and desires are inborn, but others are not.  I didn't insult anyone - I didn't say that men are simple, that women are too demanding, or make ridiculous generalization like men are controlling and women are emotional.  I outlined what Iiiiii thought, and I even prefaced it with a disclaimer.  No one has any right telling me that I can't POSSIBLY understand men because they're not all the same. It's funny how when I generalize the men, the MEN tend to agree with me, and the WOMEN take offense.  Doesn't even make sense to me.

Over and out -

Kel

You are not required to set yourself on fire to keep other people warm.

March 6, 2018 4:05 pm  #14

JenS,

I've gone and removed the quotes from my post.  It was my intention to paraphrase, but even that was wrong in that I was putting together what you said with what others were saying.  Again, apologies.

Kel

You are not required to set yourself on fire to keep other people warm.

March 6, 2018 10:55 pm  #15

I have thought of an eerie similarity between GIDH's and straight H's with closet lesbian wives - they are both trying to stay in a marriage with an unwilling woman.

The straight husband doesn't know that is what is happening, his lesbian wife hides her unwillingness or blames him for it - he is trying to stay in the marriage for all the normal and best of reasons.  

It is so poles apart from the GIDH who knows what's happening and doesn't care, he just wants to keep the woman to maintain his closet.

March 6, 2018 11:27 pm  #16

That's exactly what I think lily.   Completely agree

-Formerly "Lostdad" - I now embrace the username "phoenix" because my former life ended in flames, but my new life will be spectacular. 

March 7, 2018 12:24 am  #17

thanks Phoenix.

Board footera