OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 25, 2018 8:09 am  #1

Half Truths

Hi. My H and I went to dinner Thursday and he actually behaved as if he really wanted to dine with me.  During the formalities of chat, he mentioned taking on a new business associate for help every few weeks. 

On the surface H's reasoning sounded plausible.  I then began to ask questions.  How did you meet him?  What's his name? How long has he been in business?  What are his references?  Is he employed otherwise, if so, what would the ethics be if he were to moonlight by working for you?

When I arrived home I clicked on a few links.  Um, no.  Everything before me screamed there was more to this than hiring additional help. 

I told H that I didn't feel comfortable with this young man coming into our home. H immediately said, "then it won't happen." 

H then gave me the cold shoulder while slamming things around in his office.

I'm so tired of living like this.  If husband says the sky is green I shouldn't have to argue blue.  Half Truths are exhausting and unacceptable.

Meanwhile I am married but very much alone.  The times they are a changing though...

Even if I were 98 years old and only had a few years left, I would want calm skies instead of worrying over the constant threat of a hurricane.

Detour

February 25, 2018 9:54 am  #2

Re: Half Truths

Detour,

Im so sorry.  Indeed we are not stupid.
Good detective work...but I know it can be exhausting being constantly vigilant to their covert schemes.

Drawing reference to Linas and Pabumpkins other thread where God was mentioned...I don't think God wanted us to be in a marriage where our existence or purpose is to be constantly digging and snooping to find out what our spouses are really doing.   That is not marriage...that's someone not on your team, that not even a bad roommate,..they are really then an enemy...but actually worst..a covert enemy.

"For we walk by faith, not by sight .."  2Corinthians 5:7

February 25, 2018 10:34 am  #3

Rob,

Thanks for your reply.  You are do right...marriage was not intended to resemble this at all.  I refuse to spy normally because if the intent is there, he will find a way regardless.  This time however, with him wanting a crush to be in our home, no way...I was not going to stand for that.

I can't imagine what it would be like to be married to someone who took that energy and directed it towards me and our relationship. (and our family) This has always emotionally felt as if I am swimming up stream against a strong current.

Thanks for your response.

Detour

February 25, 2018 4:48 pm  #4

Deleted.

Last edited by Lynne (October 3, 2020 6:40 pm)

February 27, 2018 2:50 pm  #5

detour,

What did you find in the few links you clicked on when you arrived home?  The suspense is killing me here!  Lol.  And what were the answers to the questions you'd asked your husband at dinner - about how he'd met this man, etc.?

If your husband really didn't have an issue with your putting the stop to this man coming to work for him, he wouldn't be giving you the cold shoulder or slamming things around his office.  At the very most, he'd ask if there was any further information that you needed in order to make you feel comfortable.  He's angry because he's not getting what he wants - which likely ISN'T help.  He could get different help, after all - with someone who you're more comfortable with.  He's angry because he is attracted to this person and thinks there's a good chance this was going to go his way.  He could literally have his guy right.in.the.house, with your permission.  Damn - SO close!  Angry that he has to figure out a different way to see this guy, or get into his pants.  Watch him not suggest anyone else now.  He will say it's because you wouldn't be comfortable with ANYone, so why bother?  But  that's not the truth.  Did you tell him (or did he ask) why you felt uncomfortable with this man coming into your home?  If so, what was your response?

Kel

You are not required to set yourself on fire to keep other people warm.

February 27, 2018 5:44 pm  #6

Had to spy and dig into things too.  I put out a trail camera and had the 0/10 coming over at 9 pm and leaving at 4;30 am as I was out of town.  Sucks to find that out.  Yes, no choice but to move on.  I am in rough shape losing my wife and the woman I love, but there is nothing I can do on this earth to make her love me because I am man.  Sweet!

February 27, 2018 7:58 pm  #7

Now what will you do Mounte?

February 27, 2018 8:03 pm  #8

Funny we all turn into spies...
I swore I'd make a great FBI agent or PO but after my stint with "EX ass who I suspect takes it in the ass"
I don't care anymore and gave up the spy work. You'll get there too.
Best of luck

February 28, 2018 2:05 pm  #9

The spying...well, I concluded years ago that it wasn't something that I wanted any part of.  I feel in the beginning we "go there" because of the need to understand the truth, so we look for, we go back into, we click there again, each time feeling even worse about ourselves and how the life we believed we were living did not match the reality of who we were married to. 

With each glimpse into the computer, I lost something....there is no erasing those images once they became burned into my mind.  So, I refuse to spend any more energy chasing twisted shadows.  The best any of us can do is find happiness despite all of the garbage that we have been put through.

I feel sadness over his pain and he is in great pain, the pain of not being honest with himself or with me.  There comes a point we all must say, "enough of that all ready."  I've put up with a lot throughout the years, too much actually and I'm hoping that I can move forward in life in a way that brings me honor.  We all deserve that!

The biggest thing for me to wrap my head around was the fact that my husband was /is two different people.   There's the man he presents himself to be to my face and then the man he is behind my back.  I just wish those two faces matched.

Kel, sorry...I won't go into much more detail than I all ready have.  You get the general idea....the half truth like that of a teenager wishing to borrow mom's car to drive to school because of extra curricular actives instead of saying how they are ditching class and going to the beach instead of school.  (The beach being the extra curricular activity)  That sort of half truth is exactly how this felt...and I figured it out and called him on it.  

~Detour 

Last edited by detour (February 28, 2018 5:00 pm)

Board footera