OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 12, 2018 11:13 am  #1

Update from the Count

Well
Been an ok week or 2.  She sent me 7 saved emails at once.  A week ago.   Read them.  Dealing with taxes, schedule, custody and so on.  She sent this 2 days before my 40th!  I retained a lawyer.   I haven't seen the ex in a couple of weeks.  That has helped.  She sent a bunch of mean texts as I was off with the kids to the local ski hill.  She thought I wouldn't bring their helmets.  She apologized after.   We just went up to tube and have dinner with my kids only cousins. 

I know at some point I must see her.   Still in my dreams at night.   So fun!   Doing alright though.

February 12, 2018 10:44 pm  #2

Re: Update from the Count

Better days are coming, so is Spring so enjoy the ski hill while you still can!

“The future is unwritten.”
― Joe Strummer

February 12, 2018 11:17 pm  #3

What’s important is your relationship with your kids. Sounds like you’re doing great.

February 14, 2018 10:13 am  #4

Keep marching forward Count..  You are doing great!   

-Formerly "Lostdad" - I now embrace the username "phoenix" because my former life ended in flames, but my new life will be spectacular. 

February 14, 2018 2:03 pm  #5

Hi Count,

glad to hear things are still moving along in a good direction.  god it sucks doesn't it!  good for you in realising she is still the same as ever - sending those emails two days before your birthday, she is trying to knock your self esteem as much as she can.

what are these dreams you are having?  see if you can work out what their meaning is.

all the best, Lily

February 17, 2018 2:17 pm  #6

Another update.

I removed her as my beneficiary if I pass.  I also let her know that I won't remove her from my health benefits at work as she has none.  I have slowed it down.  Organizing paperwork.  Once our first house sells the ball will roll.  Life has to go on.  I know in 2018 it is frowned upon for men to look at women, but man there sure are a lot of beautiful women out there.  I may look in a year if I am together enough as a person.  All in time.  Right now I am enjoying work, my kids, my extended family, and my time.  Granted I have thought about my ex all the time for a year now.  Nearly day and night.   

February 18, 2018 7:04 pm  #7

yeah, you are doing great, Count.  Taking the tough yards at a steady pace.  Good for you. I can't help but believe the time will come when you will meet one of those beautiful women and finally, at last she'll be the right one, definitely not a lesbian, and you will make her very happy.

Board footera