OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 14, 2018 1:50 pm  #21

Re: Have I gone insane?

Roo, what are you holding on to? This is utter torture for you.

What are you going to do? Carry on like this or be brave and choose a more peaceful future?

February 14, 2018 4:20 pm  #22

Duped, I don't know!!! I don't know how to handle this. I thought I was strong, but apparently not. Part of me keeps thinking that he will snap out of it but I know that's not true and will never happen. 

“And once the storm is over, you won’t remember how you made it through, how you managed to survive. You won’t even be sure, whether the storm is really over. But one thing is certain, when you come out of the storm, you won’t be the same person who walked in. That’s what this storm’s all about.” ~ Haruki Murakami ~

February 14, 2018 6:39 pm  #23

Roo,
I could write a novel, but the short version is 30+ years of marriage, divorced 3 from my GIDX. The ink was barely dry on the document before he was arrested for something despicable that he’d been doing for years on-line right under my nose. Thank God he was already out of our home. As horrific as this ordeal has been, played out in every paper and tv station, it could have been SO much worse if he had still been living here. He was recently sent to prison. So to answer your question, he’ll no, it NEVER occurs to them that they will get caught, because they think they are smarter than the entire world, and they are constantly chasing their next high, just like a drug. You can do it, one step at a time, and each step you take will come easier and easier, until pretty soon you find yourself running. You are worth more than this,

February 14, 2018 10:21 pm  #24

Deleted.

Last edited by Lynne (October 3, 2020 6:46 pm)

Board footera