OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 7, 2018 7:04 pm  #1

Have we been forsaken?

Is it just me and my growing knowledge on this subject or is this filth really growing because of the f'd up world we live in?? Is this a natural and a 'now accepted type of behavior?' Has the 'men' and women that share our pain been sexually abandoned? WTF?!
There is a pattern of disfunctional everything as time pants on but this crap is outta control. As a former hopeful MOM I see these 'men' grow more into each other and less into us as they get older. This is not a women's lib thing. This is totally f'd up and I give the F up.
Let them have thier 'cock' and eat it too.
It will not change my sexual nature to be with only a man.. (Uh is this where asexual comes in?) Still tryn to figure that out too.)
But it has gotten harder to tell who is a real 'man' as time goes on. 

I guess this shows who has a temporary control of the world soon to change!
We need the Kingdom!

February 7, 2018 8:55 pm  #2

Re: Have we been forsaken?

I understand your anger, but let's chose our words carefully so that no-one mistakes those words for hatred against LGBT people.    You can certainly hate the man who took you hostage for so many years though. 

If you are referring to cheating on one's spouse as being more widely accepted. Sadly I think you are correct.  If you refer to a closet homosexual marrying a straight person to hide their secret.. I don't think is increasing in frequency, but the likelihood of the person coming out of the closet to cheat or divorce is growing quickly as our society accepts and lessens the hatred toward homosexuality.  This is why the SSN is aligned with the LGBT movement.  We want the world to treat people with kindness so that people will come out BEFORE they marry one of us.  People shouldn't have to hide their sexuality and marry a straight person to avoid persecution.  We want to bring an end to the concept of a straight spouse.  

I completely agree with your last statement about who has control of this world.  But God has a plan for us.

-Formerly "Lostdad" - I now embrace the username "phoenix" because my former life ended in flames, but my new life will be spectacular. 

February 7, 2018 9:49 pm  #3

Please note that not everyone posting here supports SSN’s “alignment” and care must be taken to not make blanket statements regarding society’s alleged tolerance.  These positions can be misconstrued as attempts to minimalize the severe, complex abuse and trauma suffered by the straight spouse. Posted with all kindness.

February 7, 2018 10:02 pm  #4

Of course Hanna.  We are all free to form our own opinions.  I would never dismiss or minimalize the awful acts and abuse heaped upon us.  But I want to make sure we are clear when we vent our anger that we are calling out the ones who married us and treated us poorly and not the LGBT community as a whole.  

My reminder of the SSN's goals were meant to give background so that people might understand why I won't allow hateful blanket statements to be used on this forum.  I'm not saying they were.. just cautioning to pick our words carefully when we vent our frustrations. 

-Formerly "Lostdad" - I now embrace the username "phoenix" because my former life ended in flames, but my new life will be spectacular. 

February 8, 2018 12:04 pm  #5

Deleted.

Last edited by Lynne (October 3, 2020 6:34 pm)

February 8, 2018 1:52 pm  #6

Many years ago a member of my extended family came out.  He didn't pretend to be anything that he was not, he didn't hide or take anyone hostage in his personal life.  This made him the target of much unkindness but he always had my respect for his tremendous courage.  My father-in-law said at the time (because the family member was on my side and we were talking about this), "no kid of mine had better come out because I would disown them!"  Later, much later, in realizing my H heard his dad say this...well, something must change so that more people do not fall silent about who they are out of fear of being disowned. 

The thing is, there isn't a thing any of us can do about yesterday, we can't change how we landed here, we can't change someone else's sexuality, no matter how much we twist, turn, lose sleep over, cry, rant, scream, the truth of this situation just is.  There comes a point that we must stand up and say, "not a moment more!"

Today, I'm going to pull out my needlepoint because colorful stitchery makes me happy.  H can play pretend but I know the truth...I refuse to allow his burden to become one with me.  I choose to step away from these clothes that no longer fit.

I married him, I didn't know...I choose to believe that he fell in love with me believing that our love would make that other part of him go away.  It didn't though.  Eventually when you play hide and seek, you end up being found...even if the person doing the finding is yourself.

February 8, 2018 2:26 pm  #7

Lynne wrote:

Phoenix,

You said: "People shouldn't have to hide their sexuality and marry a straight person to avoid persecution." 

They don't have to marry a straight person.  If they think they're going to be persecuted for their sexuality then they can hide it as a single person.  Please don't lump all closeted gay people together. I'm sure there are many out there who would never think to trick someone into marriage as a cover.  Only people who have a character disorder use other people like this.

What you said is exactly what I meant.  Perhaps I didn't phrase it properly.  They should not marry a straight person to avoid persecution. It's ok for a person to chose to keep their sexuality to themselves.  Not ok to take another person along for the ride.   We are in agreement.  Sorry I wasn't more clear. 

February 8, 2018 2:35 pm  #8

Exactly Lynne,
This isn't about having hatred for the LGBTQ whatever community. I have friends who are gay and am not condemning them. I wish they'd all just come out of the closet and get it over with. But I also understand there may be some that can't or refuse to because of certain issues and that's fine also as long as they are not decieving anyone. I know a couple of men that I suspect are so deeply closeted they may not even know they are. They walk a very straight line and I truly believe they don't give in and practice their desires.
Just as I don't give in and practice my desire to jump some 25 year hot guy that keeps hitting me up.
Self control, self respect and respect for others, esp our Maker and his rules is good enough reminder for me.
My rant is the lies and actions of the other men (woman as well but the majority are men) that are crossing the line for pure selfish motive while they put others at risk. From other sites condoning the 'Bi, or MSM thing, (sadly these sites recieve far more viewers and supporters than this one, it's a growing problem.  
Here's a few quotes from them so you'll catch my drift:  
   "I love my wife dearly and would never let her find out about my liasons with men...it would crush her but that doesn't mean I will stop...
   "I'm a very straight man and love my fiancé's body but because my desire for men is so strong I'll have to find a way to be extra discreet now that I'm getting married....
   "My wife won't use a strap-on me so I have no choice but to go find what I need in a man, that doesn't mean I'm gay....
   "My wife bangs me all the time with a strap-on but there's nothing like the real thing..though I'll never tell her that because she thinks this is keeping me loyal.
   "I'm not gay and will always love woman and will have sex with them, but as I get older my desire for men is growing to where it's mostly men.
   "As I age my lust for men is growing..they are so much easier, you don't have to worry about all that foreplay that my wife demands.
   "I've been straight all my life but now that I got a taste for dick I want it all the time. I just wish my girlfriend would understand.
"If my wife would let me have a boyfriend I wouldn't cheat."
These are real comments from real men. WTF?! And they are getting more likes, thumbs up and ratings from thousands of viewers. This is scary. So the poor gay since birth lets support them on coming out so less live will be destroyed doesn't hold enough weight. The existing and up and coming losers that hold and bring innocent people into thier world as a cover or alternative play date exceeds the former.
So it's not going anywhere and only growing by supporters and yes I'm disgusted and feel like we are being forsaken. 

But like you said Phoenix, God has plan.
Here's another quote, "Just like in the days of Lot......" You know the rest. So I guess until the Son of man steps in we will have to endure and prepare for things to get worse. We as humans don't have the power to stop this avalanche. 

February 8, 2018 3:05 pm  #9

And I'll repeat...I don't give a damn about a persons sexual preference as long as they don't drag innocent people into it. If a guy wants to have sex with cross-dressing hermaphrodite aliens while a field of goats watch..then go find a woman or man that's into that sort of thing then you won't have to lie.

Last edited by awake (February 8, 2018 3:07 pm)

February 8, 2018 3:11 pm  #10

delete

Last edited by Lynne (February 3, 2019 2:10 pm)

Board footera