OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 5, 2018 2:52 pm  #11

Re: Time has Come to Confront Husband /Need Advice on Approach

Kel says "When someone shows you who they are, believe them."

Too true. The old adage of actions speaking louder than words is terribly accurate. Not only do actions speak louder, they speak the truth while most of the words tend to be lies.

February 5, 2018 9:14 pm  #12

Thank you all for your words of wisdom. I agree with you all, great advice. I have some prep work to do with finances and attorney before confronting him.

What is really sad, is I still love him. He was my high school sweetheart. But the betrayal, the trust is gone. And I feel like a fool, how long has he been doing this. And get this I thought I had a great life, I was happy with him. I thought I was being understanding about his ED problem, and alll this time he is gay. I thought I was an intelligent woman. And why do I Feel shame?

I am committed to divorce , but I also fear he is going to tell others that I am delusional or crazy because he will deny deny deny.

February 5, 2018 9:35 pm  #13

cindys wrote:

I am committed to divorce , but I also fear he is going to tell others that I am delusional or crazy because he will deny deny deny.

That is a reason why you need to preserve your right to tell your truth. You need to be able to counter that with all the facts you have in your possession, especially to the people who matter to you.

“The future is unwritten.”
― Joe Strummer

Board footera