OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 22, 2018 12:33 pm  #1

Save drafts/

I am new here but I have already lost two lengthy posts when I went to submit.. any way to save drafts of posts or recover them. .thanks.

January 22, 2018 12:47 pm  #2

Re: Save drafts/

Hi Tim. 

Sorry for the technical difficulties. 

I'm not aware of a way to save a draft on this forum software.   I guess the safest thing if you are planning a long post would be to write it in Microsoft Word and then copy/paste into the forum when done. 

Sorry for the frustration.   We do the best we can with what resources we have. 

-Formerly "Lostdad" - I now embrace the username "phoenix" because my former life ended in flames, but my new life will be spectacular. 

January 22, 2018 1:29 pm  #3

Thanks Phoenix.  I will copy everything before I post. I think I hit the wrong key instead of submit.

January 22, 2018 3:34 pm  #4

Tim,
 I used to have this problem.  I discovered I lost drafts when I stopped in the middle and clicked on earlier portions of the thread I wanted to look at; this seemed to reset the whole feature.  Maybe that's the case for you?

January 22, 2018 3:59 pm  #5

OutofHisCloset
Yup, i think that is exactly what happened. Was not sure at first, but that's what i did. Went back to look at something in a post and draft disappeared . Thanks. Glad to meet you.

January 22, 2018 5:35 pm  #6

I have written some long posts before and simply hit submit and they disappeared - didn't necessarily go back to look at something previous, although that has happened too.  This has caused me to avoid responding to several posts, and even somewhat from posting altogether.  The old forum did have its positives.

"Oh what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive!" - Sir Walter Scott

Board footera