OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 28, 2017 5:19 pm  #1

Normal Behaviour?

I am assuming this is all normal.  She doesn't want me telling anyone essentially.  Especially friends from our town we just moved from.  Is going to say that we are separating and that we are both sad.  Wants us together to tell the kids soon.  I don't think I can do that with her to be honest.  Breaks my heart.  She is light years a head in all of this.  Says she is dealing with it all, and is not telling any of her other friends or co workers for maybe a year or 2.  She works in a very open workplace with several gay people.  I think my wife has been unattached from me for years now.  Was trying to find herself in music, and writing and longer hours at work and so on.  Then this young girl she met opened old or suppressed feelings.   

I have told her to stop texting me about her situation and problems.  That I am no longer a husband to lean on.   That being said I am taking the high road and not bashing her or being mean.  I have 0 problems with gay people.  I have a problem with her letting it go this far and making me look like a fool for trying this year. 

I feel better after telling my family.  It all starts rolling from here.  I have more support now.  Some money behind me if need be too.  Lucky.  I am being as amicable as I can be so she doesn't destroy me anymore.  And truthfully she is a really good mother.  Not lying.  I am attached to her through my children.  I keep saying all will be better soon.  And that soon is beginning now. 

December 28, 2017 9:15 pm  #2

Re: Normal Behaviour?

Yeah these spouses will never know how kind we were...all the people we could have told,and how very mean we could have been.

Don't change who you and become mean like them.    Tell your support system for support but leave vengeance to God.

"For we walk by faith, not by sight .."  2Corinthians 5:7

January 2, 2018 12:16 pm  #3

Hi Count -

Have you told your parents?  How'd that go?

Yes, they (our ex's) will continue to try to control the narrative.  They've been doing it all along, after all - it's just that now YOU aren't one of the ones in the dark.  They don't get to control anything you don't let them control.  If you want to (or need to) tell people, then feel free to do so.  This is your life, too.  If she wanted her little secret kept, she could have decided not to drag you into her life in the first place, and then she could just have pretended to be single and straight.  She didn't take that choice.  She wants her cake and to eat it, too.

Kel

Last edited by Kel (January 2, 2018 12:46 pm)

You are not required to set yourself on fire to keep other people warm.

January 3, 2018 10:42 am  #4

For sure.

Talked to my parents.  Went well.  They feel tricked and hurt too.  I am just being careful so she doesn't take everything.  The law up here states 50/50 in a marriage.  and I will pay her as I make more.  Even if the kids are 50/50 split.  I have a feeling she may have orchestrated the move to be close to her family then come out.  Like she gets a nice raise from me too.  Oh was I tricked nicely. 

Board footera