OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 25, 2017 9:59 pm  #1

To all the MOM-spouses out there

Since this board was created....it's had few contributions but I feel there are MOM-spouses out there 
who ...while not commenting...are still reading..so I'd just like to say

May your holidays bring you the inner peace, strength and happiness we ALL deserve. 

Ellexoh

KIA KAHA                       

December 28, 2017 4:23 am  #2

Re: To all the MOM-spouses out there

I'm trying to cut down on visits and time spent on Web fora. But I'm still hanging around. And perhaps, just perhaps, at long, long last, starting to sense some peace. It's paradoxical, like so much of MOM life. We took season passes for some 20 ski resorts in the area (we live in Switzerland), and were planning to seriously enjoy the freedom of retirees, able to go skiing mid-week, when the crowds are thinner. A week ago today, last Thursday, a lovely sunny day, masses of fresh snow... and my wife slipped on a patch of ice in the car-park of a ski-lift, as we arrived, and dislocated her shoulder and broke her arm. So her season is over, I've lost my partner, and I'm now chief cook, head nurse and maid... not at all what we had in mind.

December 28, 2017 11:55 am  #3

You are correct!   Every once in awhile I lurk but I rarely contribute anymore.  
Happy Holidays!

December 28, 2017 2:34 pm  #4

Brassyhub wrote:

I'm trying to cut down on visits and time spent on....

Since the forum division here...me too I feel as if I 'fit'on this board only, and that's okay by me.
Omg..broken bones at 70 ish can't be fun! You must feel a certain irony in the fact you're wife is now reliant on you to do even more for her.

I am still in that damn holding pattern!

We...are still in that holding pattern

KIA KAHA                       

January 16, 2018 9:49 pm  #5

Hey, I’m here.

March 7, 2018 4:37 pm  #6

I'm new here - hello!

March 7, 2018 5:06 pm  #7

Straight&Confused wrote:

I'm new here - hello!

Welcome S&C   Your husband is trans? There are many members with partners of the same 'leaning' 
(for want of a better word) who would have better advice/info than I do. Because this section of the site 
is for those working on their r'ship.....not many post here because their r'ship has ended/is ending, so 
you may get more help initially from the Support section where you have many more views & opinions. 

This is a harsh, unwanted reality we find ourselves in. Read heaps, and start dialogue (via the threads). 
We're all good people...and all continue to learn about ourselves by communicating through SSN

## There is also a section titled Our Stories, where you can tell your story....as an intro to your situation, 
though this section is just for individual stories, no comments can be added

Last edited by Ellexoh (March 7, 2018 5:15 pm)

KIA KAHA                       

Board footera