OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 4, 2017 3:00 am  #1

Hello all, could use... other perspectives

Sigh, I'm not really sure what I'm looking to get from this post. If I'm posting on this forum I've obviously have had recent changes in my life... heh I guess what I'm looking for are insights and positive advice. Are there any men or women *I'd really appreciate a women's perspective that has gone though this."  With staying together. If you disagree with staying together I understand and feel free to put in your 2 cents, but I'm looking for best case that really work out.

December 4, 2017 9:57 am  #2

Re: Hello all, could use... other perspectives

Welcome to the forum. 

We have just opened a new forum section devoted to positive and constructive strategies to maintaining marriage after learning your spouse has a same-sex-attraction (SSA).     I would encourage you to post in that section as well:   http://straightspouse.boardhost.com/viewforum.php?id=5

In that section, no negativity is allowed, but here in this area people are free to offer disagreements as well. 

I think most of us start out with the hope and intention of staying with our spouse.  Statistically, the majority of us find out it won't work and we eventually divorce.  But everyone has a different relationship and personal needs and desires and priorities.  I think it can be successful if both parties truly love each other and can remain a happy partnership without sexuality being a key part of their relationship.  If they can communicate honestly and set boundaries and maintain trust, then it can be done.  

Good luck in your search.  I hope we can offer some good advice for you. 

-Formerly "Lostdad" - I now embrace the username "phoenix" because my former life ended in flames, but my new life will be spectacular. 

Board footera