OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 29, 2017 11:34 pm  #11

Re: Hello is there anybody there?

I have left him. Told my story...made
it real...to my sister. I'm staying with her tonight. Decision made. Can't go back.

I feel numb

KIA KAHA                       

October 30, 2017 8:32 am  #12

That's a big step forward in your life Ellexoh.  I hope you find peace in that decision and healing moving forward.   We are here for you.  keep in touch. 

-Formerly "Lostdad" - I now embrace the username "phoenix" because my former life ended in flames, but my new life will be spectacular. 

October 30, 2017 2:22 pm  #13

Way to go Ell! It will only get better. Wishing you all the best as you keep yourself free from the pain of that man.

Life is like phases of the moon.... We really only see it when it's beautiful, full and in our face. 

October 30, 2017 3:22 pm  #14

Elloxoh,

I'm sorry it's come to this, but no one can say you made the decision lightly.  I'm glad you were able to do what you thought was right, despite how difficult it may be.  That shows strength - which will serve you well in the upcoming future.

When I got to feeling hopeless, it helped me to see my choice as empowering - that Iiiii chose not to let someone treat me in a way that I didn't think was good for me.  And I could therefore keep making choices that would be good for me - whether that was refusing to have conversations (with my ex) over nothing (like when they call you or text you just to vent / beg / belittle vs. calling to discuss a specific need), or letting him get my emotions all riled up in a conversation.  I started to see that I was my own best advocate, and I was determined to keep on the path.

We're here.

Kel

You are not required to set yourself on fire to keep other people warm.

October 30, 2017 3:23 pm  #15

Ellexoh, 
   Huge step.  I admire your courage.  I know it's overwhelming, and I wish you the best. 

October 30, 2017 4:19 pm  #16

Heroic.  Stay the course.  I wish you all the best.  Keep us posted.

October 30, 2017 4:30 pm  #17

You've been very brave Ellexoh, look how far you've come. You will need lots of support still but keep putting yourself and your needs first.

October 30, 2017 5:40 pm  #18

Brave?
Heroic?
I feel like I have no skin, and everything that touches me hurts. I know if I go back that nothing will change but it's so difficult accepting the inevitability of what is happening and that my partner really has no idea the enormity of his role in it all.

I'm at the counselor's today.

KIA KAHA                       

October 30, 2017 5:54 pm  #19

I think we can all identify with those feelings. I hope the counsellor is helpful.

October 30, 2017 8:46 pm  #20

I feel your pain so very much.  I hope you find some comfort and relief with the counselor and your sister’s support.

Last edited by majenco (October 30, 2017 8:47 pm)

Board footera