OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 29, 2017 7:58 pm  #1

Rob

delete

Last edited by Lynne (February 3, 2019 2:30 pm)

October 29, 2017 8:25 pm  #2

Re: Rob

Rob - We all need to do what is best for ourselves, and I can absolutely understand you taking a break.  If you stay away or come back from time to time, please know that I have always appreciated your posts.  In spite of losing so much yourself, you have had so much to give others, and it has been a huge help to this whole community.  I first posted on the Voy Forum and you were there.  I too think sometimes, that maybe I don't need to be involved with this forum any more, but I do like to check in from time to time.

Again, I have will always be grateful for your very meaningful and helpful contributions.  If you do not come back, the absolute best of luck to you.  If you do come back, you will continue to have many friends here I am sure.

All the best,
Lake Breeze

"Oh what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive!" - Sir Walter Scott

October 29, 2017 9:47 pm  #3

Rob,
I agree with Lynne, your posts are full of warmth and kindness. Their just show who YOU really are. You make positive impact on people. Loved your posts.
Warm e-hugs and best of luck to you.

Last edited by Lena (October 29, 2017 9:49 pm)

October 29, 2017 11:17 pm  #4

Rob, we all need to move in our chosen direction and whatever speed works for us. Best wishes and I hope to see you back here with an awesome success story to share with us.Stay true to yourself and you will make it.

“The future is unwritten.”
― Joe Strummer

October 30, 2017 7:35 am  #5

Rob,
     What Daryl said: you move in the direction you need to take at the time it takes for you.  I will be looking forward to your stories of how you have made your life something of beauty.  
      What Lake Breeze said: your contributions were always helpful and meaningful.  I remember very clearly reading your advice to "observe don't engage" and having a light go on in my head.  Just one example of how helpful you've been to the rest of us.
  Move forward in confidence!

October 30, 2017 9:33 am  #6

Rob - we will miss your thoughtful and helpful comments.  Like Lynne, I was around in the early days of the old voy form.  You were there at the very beginning of my journey years ago.  And as I saw myself get strong and pull out of this, I also saw it in you too.  I remember smiling at your post that I read when I knew you had finally turned completely around and were on your way out of the hole she had put you in.  I could feel it and I was so happy for you.  I'm glad you're getting better and better each day.

I have had the same feelings as you recently.  Feelings like I need to move on and put this more in my past than it is right now.  But I'm also a little conflicted and feel like I should stay and help.  But there are so many capable others here to take my place. 

Thanks for all the years you gave to the forums.

October 30, 2017 11:43 am  #7

Wish you the best Rob.  You were always a source of kind words and compassion to me as I struggled through the worst days.  I hope you find your strength to move forward and you never need to come back here.  But if you do, you are always welcome.  Best wishes my friend!

-Formerly "Lostdad" - I now embrace the username "phoenix" because my former life ended in flames, but my new life will be spectacular. 

October 30, 2017 1:16 pm  #8

Your presence will be missed because you were always one of the first to reach out to newcomers, always with words of compassion. 

I think I remember when you first came on the old board and you have emerged from "the gay thing"  stronger and more spiritual. You were a good husband before but you will be a GREAT one when you find the right woman.

Enjoy your life and share any milestones in your future. 

Try Gardening. It'll keep you grounded.

October 30, 2017 1:23 pm  #9

Thank you for all your support Rob, you must do what's right to move on. It's good to leave this behind - time to concentrate on the future. Lots and lots of good wishes.

Board footera