OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 29, 2017 1:38 pm  #1

Rob's Story ...signing off for awhile

"All of these lines across my face
Tell you the story of who I am
So many stories of where I've been
And how I got to where I am
But these stories don't mean anything
When you've got no one to tell them to
It's true, I was made for you.."
-- Brandi Carlile - The Story *

* Note: non-straight singers seem to permeate my life also it seems..  but at least they don't hide it..

I've often thought about and have been asked about posting my story.   But I think my story is littered throughout my posts going back years now on the site..      
But the thing is,  I don't want it to be my story.. Hi, I'm Rob and my wife became abusive and left me for a woman". I'm so much more than that..it's not who I am.   

I'm going to be taking a break from the board for a bit I think...  I'm doing ok.. kids are ok.   I want to stop living in the past  and try to focus more on the future.   Everyone here has been so kind and helpful and I'm still so grateful. I just think I need some time to focus more on the future...its still just an unknown blank slate...like a story that's still being written.   

Well I see one's story title cannot be edited..  thats ok.     I've been on the board...sometimes its like revisiting
the crash site for me...not that helpful... but sometimes it gives me perspective.    I know in beginning for example my goals were simply to get about away from the abuse..money, fear, shelter...no longer mattered.  I recall my therapist had asked "what do you want to do"...and I had nothing...but I did say  "I want a safe place for me and my kids".     Years later now that I'm feeling somewhat safe...no big goals.  I'm ok.   But in this life,  someday,  I wonder what it would be like to meet someone and experience real love from a straight person that was incapable of hurting.  Someone whose words are true and authentic.     It seems like something I never knew...I wonder what it's like.

Last edited by Rob (February 20, 2018 6:59 am)

"For we walk by faith, not by sight .."  2Corinthians 5:7

Board footera