Straight Spouse Network Open Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

Sat Sep 23 7:29 pm  #31

Re: I finally had my moment need help staying strong

Yes I have my finances in order.  I hope he will leave the home but we shall see.  If he makes it difficult I will be ready.  I cannot believe the level of bullshit that has been heaped on me.  The abuse is staggering.  Thanks for listening to me rant.  I know you guys understand.  I have to keep on being strong.

Last edited by majenco (Sat Sep 23 7:30 pm)

Sun Sep 24 10:03 am  #32

Majenco and Goonowgo-  My heart aches for the two of you. Our stories are so similar. I have felt so many times that I was the only one in this spot. As terrible as it is, to know we aren't alone is somehow comforting. The rollercoaster is awful and I want OFF. I want my brain and my heart to shut off. I want to be confident in my decisions. I'm 59 with a double mastectomy. Who is going to think that's attractive? It has helped immensely to come to this site. We are going to survive this together.

Sun Sep 24 2:27 pm  #33

I hope you feel calmer today Majenco, I'm glad he got out of your house. Keep it that way.

Mon Sep 25 2:48 pm  #34

Hi Paula,
I hope you gain self esteem along with me.  59 and a double mastectomy?  You are so strong already!  Who's going to want you?  A ton of self assured grown up straight men who appreciate strength and experience that's who!  Don't you dare give up.  We are all caring and loving with so much to offer.  The fact that we have tried to make these disordered marriages work prove how caring we are.
Paula and Duped thanks for the encouragement.  I hope we all learn and thrive together through this hell to the light that I know lies beyond this nightmare.

Wed Oct 4 5:14 pm  #35

Im on the same boat. Im sorry your going through this.

Sat Oct 7 5:40 pm  #36

Thanks BWB.  It really does suck.  Let’s keep each other company and help ourselves out of this mess.

Sat Oct 7 11:32 pm  #37

Hi Majenco and BWB
  I have not seen my husband for nearly a month. I instructed my attorney to serve him the divorce petition and he will be getting it Monday. In the meantime he has texted to say he still loves me. A funny thing happened today though. His best friend(also family friend) called me today to plead with me to keep moving ahead with the divorce. He was pleased when I told him I had finally given up. He advised me to only be concerned with taking care of myself and to not give my husband a 2nd thought. He said he was suspicious my husband was a full-blown narcissist. Hearing that from his own friend really helped me to feel validated. As I inch further and further away, I am realising how emotionally beat up I've been over the last 24 years. There have been so many days the past 2 years (discovery day) that I didn't think I would be able to survive this nightmare. But a friend let me know today that none of this was my fault and to never feel guilty for taking care of myself. It was an empowering day!!! So I am passing the message to you. You are AWESOME. You are NOT at fault. LOOK OUT for YOURSELF w/out guilt!!!!

Sun Oct 8 11:33 am  #38

That is awesome.  I love that you feel empowered.  His friend confirming your decision probably helps a lot.  When people make you feel like you’re crazy it feels good to get validation that it’s  in fact , not you.
I hope this momentum propels you into a much healthier and happier place.  Keep me posted.  Hopefully I’m right behind you.

Last edited by majenco (Sun Oct 8 11:34 am)

Board footera