OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 2, 2017 5:09 pm  #1

Finally moving on with my life

Hi there all

Well it has been 7 months since my husband came out and told me he was gay and in love with a man.
This took a while for me to accept and not that he was gay but the lies and how he could live a hidden life for years with me.
About 2 months ago I made the decision to start going out on my own and enjoying life changing what was happening to me, turning the tears into being happy. Then only 4 weeks ago I met a man who has swept me off my feet with so much kindness and just having so much fun in life it has changed my life..... There is life after your husband or wife comes out and tells you the truth of who they really are..... There are going to be hard times and the history never goes does it everyone here who has been through it.... You still feel sad sometimes and you do miss the life you once had but its about the new life you are about to experience, it is amazing really to come through the other side of the darkness and see that you are really a good person and its not your fault it is the person who has lied to themselves for so many years.... 

To everyone out there who has that day and that moment when your husband or wife comes out it does get better with time it really does, we all have to go through the emotions to deal with it to move on in life but once you make the decision to move on and be happy without tears anymore it does get easier.
The tears I have today are happy ones as I wasn't sure I would meet someone so cool as the straight man I have met..... Thank you for the support.

October 2, 2017 9:56 pm  #2

Re: Finally moving on with my life

Great news.  We don't get enough of these posts.  Thank you for sharing!

-Formerly "Lostdad" - I now embrace the username "phoenix" because my former life ended in flames, but my new life will be spectacular. 

October 3, 2017 12:57 pm  #3

That's amazing!  So happy for you.  We need more of these stories.

October 3, 2017 2:15 pm  #4

Vee,  good for you..  I enjoy these stories very much as it shows  there is life after TGT  and there are kind and authentic people out there  that deserve us.   Now all I have to do is not be scared.  

"For we walk by faith, not by sight .."  2Corinthians 5:7

October 3, 2017 2:59 pm  #5

I've been having such a bad days due to my GHIDSD nasty steps taken, so hearing that is like a light on the end of a tunnel that I will reach it one day too.
Vee, I am happy for you. Thanks for sharing those happy moments with us too.

Last edited by Lena (October 3, 2017 3:13 pm)

October 3, 2017 3:40 pm  #6

Hi Lena

Know you are not alone, but the new life you have its up to you what you do with it.
I was scared too of being hurt again as what we all feel when we go through this is the pain & drama....
Just know Lena it does get better time heals and like everyone here would say focus on looking after you and the life you want.......

Thank you to everyone here with the support that is offered it is amazing.... I'm pleased I found this support group.

Board footera