OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 29, 2017 8:35 am  #41

Re: New here, how does this work? Husband came out, plans to transition.

Thank you Phoenix

September 29, 2017 8:46 am  #42

No problem Duped.  Thanks to you and the others who offered respectful opinions on why they didn't feel it was best for Theresa to be here.  

Thanks for your patience with me.. I'm still learning how to better support the group. 

I'll talk to Sam about finding a solution for this potential problem in the future.  As I said in my earlier post, I think Sean has found a way to create a benefit for everyone and yet not trigger or offend.  Just the fact that he posts only in 1 dedicated thread and he freely admits the fault in his prior behavior makes him very disarming.  As such, he is able to offer constructive feedback and help share understanding to those who reach out to him of their own accord.  Maybe this is something that can be duplicated at some point in the future. 

-Formerly "Lostdad" - I now embrace the username "phoenix" because my former life ended in flames, but my new life will be spectacular. 

September 29, 2017 8:53 am  #43

I wasn’t triggered by Sean, but I understand now how some were. He does have a different way about him that seemed to help but maybe for me that’s because there was no TG confusion.

You’re just doing your best for us, I get that, you can’t anticipate how things will affect everyone.

September 30, 2017 5:29 pm  #44

Actually, I think that’s exactly what his intentions were, and I’m glad it was removed for our friends dealing with the TG issue. And I am one of the people that will admit that many of Sean’s posts are triggering to me, but I realize many find that helpful. I don’t.
Thanks.

Board footera