OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 23, 2018 12:39 pm  #1

Wives of BiGayHusbands

Hello! I just saw that there is a Yahoo group for wives of a bi/gay/trans husband. Can anyone tell me if this a private group? I want to make sure that my GIDH would be able to read any messages I post. 

“And once the storm is over, you won’t remember how you made it through, how you managed to survive. You won’t even be sure, whether the storm is really over. But one thing is certain, when you come out of the storm, you won’t be the same person who walked in. That’s what this storm’s all about.” ~ Haruki Murakami ~

January 24, 2018 2:23 pm  #2

Re: Wives of BiGayHusbands

Hi Roo,

I believe it is private.  I belonged to it about 6 or 7 years ago and if I remember correctly you have to send them an email with your background story to apply to be in it.  idk if it has changed any but I remember not liking it as much as the SSN site.  Some of the participants at the time seemed extremely unstable in a strange way (I'm not sure if that's even the word I'm looking for) but something seemed off to me so I ended up here.  Again, that was a very long time ago and it may be completely different by now.  Good luck on your journey!  I say give everything a shot and get as much support as you can.

January 24, 2018 4:17 pm  #3

Re: Wives of BiGayHusbands

Roo wrote:

Hello! I just saw that there is a Yahoo group for wives of a bi/gay/trans husband. Can anyone tell me if this a private group? I want to make sure that my GIDH would be able to read any messages I post. 

It's worth looking into. I tried it and had my application to join rejected. Twice.

Anywhere you feel comfortable...is good. And if you find its no longer giving you what you need....look elsewhere.

KIA KAHA                       

Board footera