OurPath Open Forum

This Open Forum is funded and administered by OurPath, Inc., (formerly the Straight Spouse Network). OurPath is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides support to Straight Partners and Partners of Trans People who have discovered that their partner is LGBT+. Your contribution, no matter how small, helps us provide our community with this space for discussion and connection.

BE A DONOR >>>

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 30, 2017 1:16 pm  #1

Happy New Years!

Hi all,

Not trying to jump the gun, but I am hoping you all can have a better year in 2018!  I never thought a year ago I would be part of a site like this!  Insane! 

Thanks for the advice and support.  You will never know how much some of those meaningful and passionate posts and replies have helped me in such an awful time.    2 months in and starting to come to terms with the situation. 

Thank you all so much,

Count out!   

December 30, 2017 3:32 pm  #2

Re: Happy New Years!

Same here Count. It's one year ago tomorrow that I found out what was happening. Never in a million would I think I would be in this situation. I sit here with constant anxiety and at times I feel like I'm going to pass out. 23 years of marriage only to end up like this! How would I ever trust anyone again? I wish I believed in miracles because I could surely use one right about now. 
Hoping your 2018 is much better too! 

“And once the storm is over, you won’t remember how you made it through, how you managed to survive. You won’t even be sure, whether the storm is really over. But one thing is certain, when you come out of the storm, you won’t be the same person who walked in. That’s what this storm’s all about.” ~ Haruki Murakami ~

December 31, 2017 11:30 am  #3

Count, Roo,

I wish you  (and everyone)  a blessed and prosperous 2018.    I look back on my years going through separation  from TGT and narcissism  and while not my best years.. I certainly grew and learned so much.

This year is full of hope and optimism ...there is the unknown but I fear that less then many things.     

"For we walk by faith, not by sight .."  2Corinthians 5:7

December 31, 2017 4:26 pm  #4

Deleted.

Last edited by Lynne (October 3, 2020 6:29 pm)

Board footera